If I tell you about an Idht similar to px4?

If they glow, this is the place to be
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by IslandPink »

Actually I think I meant DA100 , but also there is the DA30 ....
Those would be Marconi I believe.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

Nice paul, it very much has the look of the mullard aco44...
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

IslandPink wrote:Actually I think I meant DA100 , but also there is the DA30 ....
I think Darren was able to get hold of some, I never did. They were expensive back then.
Last edited by Paul Barker on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

The cosser is a rebadged mullard, i have one the same

Nice pics paul..

Mark i think i have a da30, but only a single, i once turned down a few da something's which i regretted on they way home.. All where globes..
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

Looking at the curves the cooking px4 with heavy use is on it's last legs but the 4xp which looks new is not much better. Odd. But the 4XP data (for example resistance 900 ohm) does show a valve which is not exactly a px4.

4XP Data Sheet
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

IslandPink wrote:Actually I think I meant DA100 , but also there is the DA30 ....
DA100 ?

There is one on e-bay for £900 (nine hundred pounds !! :shock: )

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One-GEC-CV121 ... 2a301c1c4c
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

Paul Barker wrote:Looking at the curves the cooking px4 with heavy use is on it's last legs but the 4xp which looks new is not much better. Odd. But the 4XP data (for example resistance 900 ohm) does show a valve which is not exactly a px4.

4XP Data Sheet
Remember the valve you are testing is an aco44 and is not the one in the data sheet... it should be very similar to the px4

the original 4xp is a very different thing, like i said i will find some to show the differences...
Cheers
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

You are going on outward appearance. Look at the characteristics.
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

Probaly paul..

Anyway an AD1 amp looks like a worthwhile project hope you get it sorted that one i would want to here, I spent amcouple of hours going through my side contact valves .. Only found one telefunken unfortunately it was a rectifier...