6V6 alternatives

If they glow, this is the place to be
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#1 6V6 alternatives

Post by Paul Barker »

This guy does a great analysis of alternatives. inspight of fact he doesnt know what mica is and other holes in his knowledge. He’s no Thomas Meyer thats for sure. He has however made a great table of plug in replacements and then played his guitar with all the options he had in stock. At these hard times of getting valves, good to know alternative Western nos to look for. Be patient through his idiotic valve structures lack of knowledge/presentation skill:

Enjoy
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
andrew Ivimey

#2 Re: 6V6 alternatives

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Well I've got some 6w6s and the amp I have started on is 6sl7 driving 6v6 so 6w6, with an adjusted screen voltage then, will certainly be tried.

The amp is to be early 50s version of the fender champ.... just that I am very slow.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Paul Barker

#3 Re: 6V6 alternatives

Post by Paul Barker »

I’m slow too.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein