1619 Triode Curves.

If they glow, this is the place to be
JamesD
Old Hand

Post by JamesD »

Wonderful, Paul.

I am so impressed with the beastie and your ability to use it! These are terrific graphs and we are all learning things along with you!

many, many thanks ( and to Ronald too! and Nick and James!)

James
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

Ronald is the star of the show, and also very interested behind the scenes in what is happening.

The error in usage I left in my post because any future users of the GUI can learn from my mistakes. I have no vested interest in my abilities, so to admit my imperfections helps us all.

I did already say to Ronald off the scenes I was about the most illiterate user of the GUI so shoudln't be the one to trial the new one.

I am still finding glitches with it, but there are people who have a better way of phrasing their words and sentences who can describe the situation better.

It may only be my ineptitude as above.

The new GUI needs longer int he field and brighter minds to play with it.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Alex Kitic
Old Hand

Post by Alex Kitic »

In my opinion the 1619 is a sleeper tube, but in pentode mode.

I have previously made alterations to my RH807 amp to allow a friend to use them instead of 807s. Hum issues aside (direct heating AC on high efficiency speakers), the amp was a success and he further developed parafeed outputs, improving the sound further. The schematics can be found on the net if you Google it.

I was considering this tube as an alternative to relatively rare 307As for my RH307A amp, further improving on the residual hum with AC heaters thanks to the lower voltage. What seems to be an added bonus might be A2 operation.

Still, for some reason, people mostly consider the 1619 as a 45 replacement, which it definitely is not (heaters don't mean anything, to that regard the 2A3 would be almost drop-in for those old radios, as it's easier to replace the cathode resistor?
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

Yes Alex to all that you said.

If you want to have a play I could give you a matched pair.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Alex Kitic
Old Hand

Post by Alex Kitic »

Paul Barker wrote:Yes Alex to all that you said.

If you want to have a play I could give you a matched pair.
Thank you - tubes are always welcome - particularly when one has lots of ideas and few resources...

If you really wish to send me some tubes, please contact me via mail. :)