Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Subjects that don't have their own home
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#616 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by mainscablesrus »

Greg wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:21 pm Ok, I’ll bring it all back on topic. Tonight I was invited out with my wife for a meal at a Ceylonese restaurant, joining my brother in law and partner. No problem accept that the tables are too small for proper social distancing so technically we would need to wear masks all the time. Not practical when you are eating. On top of that, the tables, which reportedly have been fully booked during the ‘eat out to help out’ (last night tonight) period, means that multiple households are meeting up in the same room at the same time for extended periods. That is everything that is wrong according to the scientists. How does this equate with the advise that meeting up in our homes should be a maximum of six people and of two households only? Err, I bet it’s......if it promotes the economy, the economy trumps!

My view, listen to the science and not the selective science the government distorts and then broadcasts.

Government and their advise? Fucking wankers, the lot of them! They don’t care about their people and their welfare. They are just self serving morally void arseholes, their only concern being that the crisis does not negatively impact on their own and their cronies wealth. I spit on them!
100% totally correct, the most sensible post you have ever written fella, I applaud you.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#617 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by IslandPink »

More lockdown for Denbighshire now. Looks like my plans for another Lakes week off in late October are going West.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#618 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by jack »

So, the Tango Monster and FLOTUS has it... allegedly...
Last edited by jack on Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#619 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by vinylnvalves »

Fake news... just to get him out of anymore live debates that will affect his chances of re-election. Unless he dies.. then I may start believing in god.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#620 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Cressy Snr »

vinylnvalves wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:38 am Fake news... just to get him out of anymore live debates that will affect his chances of re-election. Unless he dies.. then I may start believing in god.
Yes, it all seems very convenient. Wouldn’t wish this disease on my worst enemy so I hope this isn’t fake news. To fake something like this would be morally reprehensible, and I can’t believe even Trump would stoop to that.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#621 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

Cressy Snr wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:16 am To fake something like this would be morally reprehensible, and I can’t believe even Trump would stoop to that.
I could believe it. :(
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#622 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by vinylnvalves »

I am skeptical that Boris had it as bad as was claims. A few weeks recovery after leaving hospital seems a miracle to return to near normal life, for how close to dead they claimed he was. I think there was some theatrics to gain empathy from Joe Public, which worked. How they convinced NHS staff involved to be complicit in the charade would suggest he caught at least had the virus. Trump on the other hand I don’t think there is a strand of morale fibre in him, all the worst traits of mankind in a single specimen, won’t use the term man as it’s an insult to mankind.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#623 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by IslandPink »

I am concerned that he's spent enough time in Florida in the sun, that he might have a good immune system and recover. Fingers crossed.
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#624 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by vinylnvalves »

now now Mark...

Off up-to the lakes at the weekend, hope the bad weather will keep the hoards from coming. (Only 16 days holiday to take before Xmas after next week) Hope you have left some vinyl in the S/H shops in Keswick worth buying. The prices however last time I was up are getting silly, especially in Oxfam.
Greg
Social outcast

#625 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Greg »

Maybe Dr Fauci will prescribe him some intravenous bleach injections?
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#626 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by IslandPink »

Oh have a good time (Steve) !
It will be quiet because most of us can't travel... maybe if we're very lucky they will open things up by the end of October and I can go up again as planned. Oxfam doesn't understand the use of the Record collector book. They slap the 'book' price on records that are only Exc or VG+ .
If you go in Mark ( & Heather )'s shop more than a couple of times they will give you something like a 20% discount at checkout.
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#627 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by vinylnvalves »

I generally buy vinyl from Langley Mill records... 4 miles from me. You have to sift through 1000’s of dross to find good ones. When I asked about “Chess” Blues records last time - he says yes I have some probably outback in the unprocessed stock. Went to look it was stacked floor to ceiling, it would have been like looking for a needle in a haystack. It all comes from house clearances, I know vintage HIFI, quads 303’s ESL’s TD150’s etc are bought for for pennies along with the record collections.

Yes the Geordies won’t be in Keswick so should be quite.. I have an oak tree to chop down and some minor repairs to do on the house up there, before I can get out on the fells.
shane
Social outcast

#628 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by shane »

He’ll be fine. Anyone that colour must have been in the sun so much he’ll have pure vitamin D in his veins.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#629 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

shane wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:53 pm He’ll be fine. Anyone that colour must have been in the sun so much he’ll have pure vitamin D in his veins.
I have a feeling he won't make it.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#630 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by IslandPink »

Quite possible Phil. His team are well-versed in lying about almost anything. Plus it's early days yet with the virus.
I did notice in the first bulletin from hospital, among the treatments that were listed, was vitamin D.

Edit : just seen the BBC news page and there's more medical trouble....