parallel trackers

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
cressy
Shed dweller

#1 parallel trackers

Post by cressy »

just bought a pioneer pl l800 parallel tracker for the grand sum of 31 quid. anyone have any experience of these? i know some have used the air bearing ones and maybe the technics ones, so is there any tips on setup?

initial thought was to see what it was like and see if i could extricate the arm mechanism to try on the garrard. it looks like a shot to nothing to try this looking at the service manual though as everything seems linked to the drive mech.

so i'll leave that alone for now.

what can i expect from it and are there any particular drawbacks i could address?
(incidentally i also got hold of a jbe slate direct drive at the same time so another toy to play with as permission to do the speakers has been rescinded :( )

the nuvistor phono is also started, casework is partly finished. apparently, when the new baby arrives she can put up with the soldering, but not the sawdust. easier and quicker to put down and put away, and no mess. compromise it seems does work :D

cheers ant
Graeme
Needs to get out more

Post by Graeme »

how does the pioneer arm work? Is it servo controlled?

The good thing with air paralell trackers is not only do you get perfect tracking, you are basicaly removing one bearing too.