Learning about Vinyl and 1st pressings

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by IslandPink »

Ivor Cutler knows where I'm coming from on this one ... :)
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

IslandPink wrote:Ivor Cutler knows where I'm coming from on this one ... :)
Yeah but no but yeah but ....

He also said "If your breasts are too large you'll fall over...unless you wear a rucksack...."

I saw him live in concert once, he was the support act to Carla Bleys Big band.

Stark raving bonkers.

Carla, not Ivor.

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

Post by floppybootstomp »

I saw Carla Bley once, at The Lyceum in The Strand.

We asked outside who they were and the bouncer said 'all the top musicians are here tonight' so we bought tickets.

They performed 'Escalator Over The Hill'.

It was crap, worst quid I've ever wasted....
Deepelem
User

#19 Re: Labels

Post by Deepelem »

IslandPink wrote:Did someone mention my name ?

Brian - my best advice - get a copy ( current or recent ) of the Record Collector price guide . Otherwise you'll have to look at the year of issue of your album and find a website that shows the label styles chronologically .

Physical Graffiti is one of the later albums and does not list in record collector, meaning it should cost less than £12 even for a mint item .

Generally the big-money rock albums are first-issues from the 60's and early 70's when vinyl was VINYL and Gatefolds were the style ; later on the money is only in rarities / limited editions, or first albums from bands who sold poorly at first then hit the big time .

Mark
Hi Mark .. thanks for the reply and sorry for not getting back sooner .. I have been travelling and off all forums. One thing I noticed though is that the prices that people are paying on Ebay seem to be more than the RCollector recommends ... are the Ebayers all fools ... Me included hahaa .. because no 1st pressing of Physical Graffiti for example was going for less than 40 quid !!
“There’s really only one song in the whole world, and probably Adam and Eve hummed it to each other, and everything else is a variation on it in one form or another, y’know?â€￾
- Keith Richards –