Dealings with slate

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Howzabout turning the spikes upside down? Fat bit on the MDF with the pointy bit prodding/coupling the Slate? Might be easier to adjust that way?

I dunno, just musing.

I'm using 3 adjustable WD loudspeaker spikes on the bottom the '99 plynth (SWIDT).

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

Hi Dave,

Because Slate is a soft rock, it's not good to spike straight into it especially if the spiking is subject to load. Over the passage of time this could be a damage problem. Spikes which point into cups are the way to go I think.

Anyway, why are you taking up your time posting on this thread and going on elsewhere about obscure bass guitars when you should be down the shed (forget the weather) getting that G99 finished. It's no good sitting it on top of a Queen Anne stool to make it look posh and then slipping it into a couple of pics about guitars you know. What's happening? Should have been finished and playing last Monday! Even Mr I beat you to it. Come on, you seem to be slacking big time.......... :lol: :lol: :wink:
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

I still say Bostik 3 adjustable spikes to the bottom of the slate.

Lift one side slightly, twiddle, Lift t'other side slightly, twiddle, job's a good'un. :D

Yer ach-chewl pointy bits could be pressing on something that doesn't mind getting holes.

Just a suggestion

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Greg wrote:Hi Dave,

Because Slate is a soft rock, it's not good to spike straight into it especially if the spiking is subject to load. Over the passage of time this could be a damage problem. Spikes which point into cups are the way to go I think.

Anyway, why are you taking up your time posting on this thread and going on elsewhere about obscure bass guitars when you should be down the shed (forget the weather) getting that G99 finished. It's no good sitting it on top of a Queen Anne stool to make it look posh and then slipping it into a couple of pics about guitars you know. What's happening? Should have been finished and playing last Monday! Even Mr I beat you to it. Come on, you seem to be slacking big time.......... :lol: :lol: :wink:
Bully! (again!).

Acherleee, If you had the journey home yesterday I did (on a motorbike....in the heavy falling snow....sliding about on patches of ice in Sarf Lundun for 1hr 45 mins you'd not be down the shed either :wink: :lol:

FWIW I'm making up an alignment protractor....

So there! :tongue3:

DTB
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Dave the bass wrote:Acherleee, If you had the journey home yesterday I did (on a motorbike....in the heavy falling snow....sliding about on patches of ice in Sarf Lundun for 1hr 45 mins you'd not be down the shed either :wink: :lol:
You're barking bonkers

One of our access roads (what I might want to use to get home) was officially closed yesterday afternoon

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

You need hills to make it fun :-)
Attachments
WayOut1.jpg
WayOut2.jpg
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Very pretty. :D

Yeti footprints? Image

Yes it was the 4 in 1 hill where I live that was closed.

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Mike H wrote:
Yes it was the 4 in 1 hill where I live that was closed.

Is that the hill by the church ? Pretty steep eh.

Even Essex has hills you know. :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

That's the one

Can still get out the other way though

andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

ah, Will's pdf for an alignment protractor ... I was using Hi-Fi News. ermmm. When youhave drilled though miles of hard rock itis a littel 'difficult' coming to terms with finding that the hole I drilled is wrong.

I don't know if it is yet.

I will check this weekend to see if all aligns with all. With the knitting needle variety I assume its just a matter of plonking the arm down where you feel like it and slapping a bit of black on the spindle.

Oh and thanks for the very relevant and incredibly boring photos of snow -it really helps.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

For those of you who've never been to Nicks,it's WAY steeper than it looks on that photo!
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

andrew Ivimey wrote:With the knitting needle variety I assume its just a matter of plonking the arm down where you feel like it and slapping a bit of black on the spindle.
No its not! :lol:

Well, yes, you can do that if you want but...... its not ideal.

DTB
andrew Ivimey

Post by andrew Ivimey »

The Chinese spikes have arrived Doktor!

They look posh and a bit smaller than I'd imagined. Will they be too small?

Sperryments to continue (when I have time)!
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

these 'uns is it?

I thought that, but seem to do the biz

andrew Ivimey

Post by andrew Ivimey »

yep!

we'll see.