Techy 1210 bullshit

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

david C wrote:please chill out Richard, don't get yourself in a state like you did on PFM,
this is a very laid back site with no aggression at all,
Here we go, the ad hominem starts, and where have I said my name is Richard :wink: .

Anyone with an ounce of brain would realise that what you get is normal, no "getting in a state" this is my normal form of communication, if you don't like it well too bad. To me there is no aggression there is common sense and the expression of opinion.

*I* am not the subject of this thread or hadn't you realised.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Thing is Richard (Bunsen) the discussion is not really a discussion. Surely it must be clear to you that as far as most of us are concerned we don't really care. Read our posts again if you doubt this !

Now if you see this and agree why bother to keep on about it ? You have made your point most certainly. What is to be gained by going over it again ?

I have no problem with anyone expressing a view,but I certainly don't want it to be drummed into me !!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

pre65 wrote:Why do you feel the need to "voice your irritation" ?

From what I understand of your "other" business interests one would expect you to remain cool and collected,chilled out even ?

I don't think any of us here are in the market for such things so we don't need convincing about the rights and wrongs of who sells them or how they are sold.

I am very happy for anyone who has purchased items such as you describe and found them to be of benefit but would not want them to try and convince me that I should follow the same path.
I am perfectly collected, you are not in my company so you no nothing of my emotional state, and again this is the beginning of the usual ad hominem, so recognise where it has started. Have I addressed any post to you with personal aspects attached - no - so why do you. Is it because the logic of my argument defeats you. It is always the loser who goes personal.

I have no wish to discuss anything personal about me or you, I wish to discuss the subject I am discussing, so you are both off topic and rude!
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

pre65 wrote:Thing is Richard (Bunsen) the discussion is not really a discussion. Surely it must be clear to you that as far as most of us are concerned we don't really care. Read our posts again if you doubt this !

Now if you see this and agree why bother to keep on about it ? You have made your point most certainly. What is to be gained by going over it again ?

I have no problem with anyone expressing a view,but I certainly don't want it to be drummed into me !!
This again is the problem of a forum that developes a click, which is usually the heavy posters who agree with each other. So the three people who posted are the whole forum are they? even the owner is not the whole forum, there are many more who may be nodding their heads or just not bothered to comment, you are so you have your opinion.

Now for the sake of the rules of the forum and for your desire not to have conflict will you now address the subject. If you have nothing to say about the subject then why post, unless you wish to create conflict, which is all that ad hominem behaviour is about.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Well most people join a forum because they are interested in the subject matter and wish to learn , or pass on experiences that may help others.

Would you agree ?

I have read a lot of your posts on AOS (took me a long time may I add) and would hate our loverly forum to attract the sort of postings that you attracted over there.

We are laid back here and our only wish is to persue our DIY hobby in peace and harmony. Is that your wish as well ?

Edmund Burke

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

pre65 wrote:Well most people join a forum because they are interested in the subject matter and wish to learn , or pass on experiences that may help others.

Would you agree ?

I have read a lot of your posts on AOS (took me a long time may I add) and would hate our loverly forum to attract the sort of postings that you attracted over there.

We are laid back here and our only wish is to persue our DIY hobby in peace and harmony. Is that your wish as well ?
I wish the subject to be the subject, and BTW whose posts are you refering to!

You have taken it on yourself to turn the thread personal which leads inexplicably to conflict, so your desire is conflict, your desire is to impose your opinion of me.

ONCE MORE I could not give a toss what you think about me, I have many friends in audio, and your opinion is insignificant to me. SO this will be the last ad hominem post of yours I reply to. Address the subject and I will reply to you. And remember others can read and judge people as well, including judging you, but are they voicing it?
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Well, my only desire is that this forum does not "suffer" the same problems that other forums have because of the way you post.

You are not the only one banned from AOS (I am as well) but over here we just have a different, less confrontational way of making a point.

I have no problems with you as a person, just your style of communication.

As I have said in another section, what can you add to this forum in light of your long and successful time in the hi-fi trade ?

Edmund Burke

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

pre65 wrote:Well, my only desire is that this forum does not "suffer" the same problems that other forums have because of the way you post.

You are not the only one banned from AOS (I am as well) but over here we just have a different, less confrontational way of making a point.

I have no problems with you as a person, just your style of communication.

As I have said in another section, what can you add to this forum in light of your long and successful time in the hi-fi trade ?
Off topic ad hominem!
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Being off topic is not a sin here. :wink:

Edmund Burke

Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

The world will not end if the last entry on a thread is not to your liking.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

:lol: Nuf said ! :wink:

Edmund Burke

Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Back to somewhere near the topic, there is a question I have from your conclusions Bunsen, "and the SP10 is grey and CD like." I think I can see where you are coming from here, but I am interested if you would expand on the CD like parts?

The gray aspect I suspect is a matter of patterning equipment, especially phono stage, and one persons grey might be anothers neutral.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Basically it is mostly common sense and using your ears. I have learned over the many years that there are no absolutes and everything is a compromise, so something that works in one situation can also be destructive in another, but the hard and fast rule in my opinion is simplicity, get as much out of the way of the music as you can.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

Nick wrote:Back to somewhere near the topic, there is a question I have from your conclusions Bunsen, "and the SP10 is grey and CD like." I think I can see where you are coming from here, but I am interested if you would expand on the CD like parts?

The gray aspect I suspect is a matter of patterning equipment, especially phono stage, and one persons grey might be anothers neutral.
It was a group test at my house

My PL-71 with SPU gold
I Should Coco's slate plinthed SP10 and magic cartridge
Per Sony Fieds LP12 with a different sub chassis (forgot the name)
And a Torlyte plinthed 401 (forgot the forum handle of the owner)

Phono stage was an nva Phono2 in all cases as ISC valve stage was microphonic and noisy (but was very musical).

The Pl-71 was the best alrounder, the SP10 sounded like the best CD player I had ever heard, but I think the detail and information was more the cartridge, that Audio Note ltd is astonishing. But the turntable was making it a bit grey and lacking musical colours. The 401 was like an east end tart, big and brassy, a bit rough, but always fun, got a bit let down with classical interpretation though. Definitely the best 401 I have ever heard. Worth owning one for the sheer fun of it. Finally the LP12 was the best one I have ever heard but it was still an LP12, and came last!!

So the point for me is musical colour and character, good TTs give it good CD doesn't. CD is arguably more accurate on a technical level, but it doesn't give the feel or fun of a performance, and I felt the SP10 leaned that way in presentation. You could say the SP10 and the 401 were on opposite corners of this musical parameter.

If my old 1210 had been there even with the SPU it would have come last even to that particular LP12.

EDIT - remembered it, the LP12 chassis was a Sole, does that ring any bells?
Last edited by Dr Bunsen Honeydew on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Just out of interest did your old 1210 have the technics arm fitted ?

Edmund Burke