Tonearm wiring...seeking advice please

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Re "Important Modification Information" etc.

Even on the "good" previous ones the counter-weight arrangement is, I still think, a mite "tacky"

Far as I can tell the pillar looks the same, just un-threaded. Most logical mod then is do away with the the 3-point and arrange some sort of clamp device for the pillar. If not actually go so far as to cut a thread on it.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
al newall
Needs to get out more

Post by al newall »

Mike.

If you Google "RB251 reviews" it seems opinions are divided about the new mount. So maybe all is not lost. :D
Much to learn there is.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

The Rega website is not helpful. I didn't realise the new arms still had a base pillar because their images exclude them and just show what the punter would see above the plinth surface. For me even that is an omission of essential information which is not helpful. Regardless, I just can't believe the new design will be embraced by industry users with the same enthusiasm for the previous models, regardless of performance. If they don't look good, they'll not sell IMHO.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Quite, and since the pillar still exists, still think it would be worth looking into some sort of alternative supporting sleeve arrangement which could include a locking grub screw. Hey presto, VTA adjustment!