benz micro mc20 e2 l

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
cressy
Shed dweller

#1 benz micro mc20 e2 l

Post by cressy »

hi guys, i recently bought one of these carts for the yamaha now its working right, im just wondering if anyone has an experience of these carts. reviews look good on the interweb for them, both arms ive got at the mo are medium to light, just wondering if theres any tweaks or suchlike that can be recommended for them, and if anyone has any idea on running in periods for them. reason being that the last new cart i bought was about 4 years ago (a dl103) and that never made it to being run in. (being pissed up a 4 in the morning and trying to play an lp is a recipe for disaster!) any help apreciated
cressy
Shed dweller

Post by cressy »

ive had the benz for a few days now and according to the instructions it needs about 20 hours to burn in. it was however, immediately better in my system that the 103r. medium compliance and a 47k load as opposed to the 103's low compliance and need for a 100k load meant that it immediately works alot better on the yamaha. tbh i couldnt be arsed with the dl any more, adding mass, changing loadings, setting up to perfection, and tracking it abnormally high has worn abit thin. i did get it working really well in the perspex arm but having to deign an arm specifically for it as commercial alternatives were either hideously expensive or required more work to bring them up to some sort of quality, was not what i wanted to do. when properly fettled its a winner, when not, it can be little better than mediocre. great if you have the inclanation and patience, but i dont any more.
ive found the benz to be 99.99% as good as a properly fettled dl, and 99% easier to get performance from. id recommend this cart very highly. only other one ive liked better was the sadly departed coral 777ex. definitely worth it if you want an mc cart that doesnt cost the earth
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Isn't the recommended tracking force about the same for both carts 2g-2.5g ?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
cressy
Shed dweller

Post by cressy »

yes thats right, the dl i found best at around 2.6 and the benz seems best at 1.9 after trying it at different increments up to 2.5. the imaging on it tends to close in at the higher figure and start to get congested