gk71 Matrix amp

What people are working on at the moment
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#76 Re: gk71 Matrix amp

Post by Paul Barker »

no progress. But beautiful thought, as the Matrix is se without dc current I have some rather small 50% nickel lainations, that should stand a 1 watt amp. I could wind them after the Llundhal pattern for a low powerd nickel output matrix with nickel matrix input and interstage transformers. Cool!

Because convensional se is a waste of Nickel,” it falls through the gap” Mr Sowter senior!
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Nick
Site Admin

#77 Re: gk71 Matrix amp

Post by Nick »

Not sure "se without dc current" is a accurate representation of the circuit. The valves have two anodes driving a centre tapped transformer. so to me there is definitely a push pull amp in there. What Steffi says is "The amplifier behaves like a single ended amp. That is, the even order distortion products are not suppressed"
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#78 Re: gk71 Matrix amp

Post by Paul Barker »

Oh I see.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein