Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
steve s
Shed dweller

#13786 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by steve s »

Lesleys still on crutches after her 2x hip replacements ( on the same hip ! ) the 1st week of November, turns out they managed rip the tendons from her knee cap during the 1st op (which they are not admitting to) , which in turn put her knee cap out of alignment.
It looks to be serious stuff, as the tendon should have been reattached in days.. rather than the 2 1/2 months we have waited so far just to find out what is wrong..

Also after the 2 1/2 months of exercises she's had to do, she been told not to exercise it now, as exercise will make it hard to reattach.. seems a little to late in the day to me.

I cannot adequately describe both our feelings...
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#13787 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Daniel Quinn »

If they did something negligent then could reclaim the additional costs of recovery . Earning loss, eventual physio, treatment etc.
steve s
Shed dweller

#13788 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by steve s »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:24 pm If they did something negligent then could reclaim the additional costs of recovery . Earning loss, eventual physio, treatment etc.
Thanks, she has just sent in a complaint to the hospital, but our main concern now is in her getting prompt treatment, as that increases the chance of success of her walking normally again.

This week they tried to blame the rupture on a minor fall she had at Christmas, but we have pictures of her knee like a football whilst she was still in hospital..
Apparently if they twist the knee whilst pulling the leg into place during the op(or 3) it can result in knee damage.
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#13789 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Daniel Quinn »

You have no chance of the hospital admitting liability at this stage. It will be their insurers and they avoid admissions.

If you are confident it was negligent (the dr or nurses must have done something or omitted to do something that in the same circumstances with the same information a hypothetical ordinary doctor or nurse would have done or not done ) You can pay for treatment and reclaim it .

I would see a solicitor if your not going to get suitable treatment on the nhs as quickly and for as long as she needs.
steve s
Shed dweller

#13790 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by steve s »

Cheers.. I'll have a chat with lesley later, she's not really wanting to take action regarding a claim, just yet anyhow..
but I'll speak to her about getting a solicitor on the case
Thanks..
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#13791 Re: JWST again...

Post by Ray P »

jack wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:08 am Interesting about mirrors A3 and A6...
I see all the other mirrors have now completed their deployments and those for A3 and A6 have started.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Ray P

#13792 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ray P »

Just 100,000Km to go until L2 Insertion for the James Webb telescope.

Looking at the 'Where is Webb' website it got me thinking about what instrumentation sits behind the numbers, for example, the velocity is stated to four decimal places of a Km, that is centimetres per second precision.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#13793 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

Ray P wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:32 pm Just 100,000Km to go until L2 Insertion for the James Webb telescope.

Looking at the 'Where is Webb' website it got me thinking about what instrumentation sits behind the numbers, for example, the velocity is stated to four decimal places of a Km, that is centimetres per second precision.
Probably an atomic clock on the JWST and the ground stations looking and time delay (distance) and Doppler effects in the carrier (acceleration).
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#13794 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by simon »

Blimey Steve that sounds truly dreadful. Hope Lesley recovers well and soon.
steve s
Shed dweller

#13795 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by steve s »

simon wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:13 pm Blimey Steve that sounds truly dreadful. Hope Lesley recovers well and soon.
Thanks Simon..
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#13796 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Cressy Snr »

Yes, it’s not a good situation. Hope Lesley recovers her mobility.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Ray P

#13797 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ray P »

jack wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:40 pm
Ray P wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:32 pm Just 100,000Km to go until L2 Insertion for the James Webb telescope.

Probably an atomic clock on the JWST and the ground stations looking and time delay (distance) and Doppler effects in the carrier (acceleration).
It was just a rhetorical question reflecting my awe of the technology the whole project has deployed.
Nick
Site Admin

#13798 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Nick »

Yep, but enquiring minds want to know how its done otherwise it may as well be magic.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#13799 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by andrew Ivimey »

The 'how' is what interests me, not with this awesome project, but with a tiny Raspberry Pi. Anyone can follow instructions, the 'why' comes later but the 'how' is still to be worked on. Early mornings are when I get glimmerings. I wonder if that would help these super big mega boffins.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#13800 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

andrew Ivimey wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:25 am The 'how' is what interests me, not with this awesome project, but with a tiny Raspberry Pi. Anyone can follow instructions, the 'why' comes later but the 'how' is still to be worked on. Early mornings are when I get glimmerings. I wonder if that would help these super big mega boffins.
"How" is essential, as is "I wonder..." or "What if...".

The RPi is not technically that complex - it's essentially the same technology that mobile phones use and is driven from the innovations that stream produces,

It's people that matter, more specifically people that question and think outside the box,
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt