Choke loading Anodes.

We all start somewhere
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

If the cathode voltage on cathode 2 6DN7 is the same as needed to feed a 200H choke on anode 1 can that be used (ie without the need for dividing resistors) ?

I now have a couple of 200H chokes (thanks Andrew :lol: ) and as soon as my DMM gets here (thanks to Stuart :lol: ) can get measuring and calculating.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

I think you are talking about a DRD setup. But if the cathode on 2 is the same as the anode on 1, how does the second valve get its grid biased correctly?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Nick wrote:I think you are talking about a DRD setup. But if the cathode on 2 is the same as the anode on 1, how does the second valve get its grid biased correctly?
That's why I was asking. :wink:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Well, then I guess the simple answer is no,

You need to pick a operation point for the second valve, and see what voltage the grid needs in respect to the cathode. Then pick a operating point for the first valve, that puts the anode at the voltage the second grid needs to be at. Then taking the current the first stage passes, and the voltage dripped via the DCR of the anode choke, what voltage at the top of the choke is needed. Then work out how to tap the cathode of the second valve to get that voltage.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

It's a DC connection?

V1 to V2

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."