Shed dweller

#151 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by Neal »

Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#152 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by pre65 »

Neal wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:24 pm Stop it just stop it Phil.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 20-to-2022
Stop what ?

I reported a vehicle fire in a topic headed "road vehicle fires".

I make no comment as to the cause.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#153 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by pre65 »

I had not heard of this before, but it seems activists in Germany have for some time, and still are, setting fire to Tesla cars.

I don't know the activist groups name, but it seems they have a grudge against Tesla cars in general, and "electric Jesus" (Elon Musk) in particular.

There is Guardian references to the attacks in 2023, but I could not find anything more recent.

Edmund Burke

steve s
Shed dweller

#154 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by steve s »

Not sure if it's facts or conspiracy but possibly worth a listen, it just seems to me a funny world when an edited royal photo can make headlines for days and these events are seemingly covered up rather quickly?
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#155 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by pre65 »

steve s wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:01 pm
Not sure if it's facts or conspiracy but possibly worth a listen, it just seems to me a funny world when an edited royal photo can make headlines for days and these events are seemingly covered up rather quickly?
Funny you should say that Steve. :wink:

Edmund Burke

Nick
Site Admin

#156 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by Nick »

Or, you know, its neither facts or conspiracy, just someone on YouTube finding he can make money by making a video containing things that sound like they might be true if you are of mind to thinking that because there has not been a report published yet, it MUST be because it is being covered up.

Then again, I haven't watched the video because I dislike the idea of financing these sorts of things (and making YouTube think I am interested in them so pushing more at me). TBH, I would rather it wasn't linked to from this forum, providing extra validity to it, but I guess that's what not censoring means.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
steve s
Shed dweller

#157 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by steve s »

Nick wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:13 pm I would rather it wasn't linked to from this forum, providing extra validity to it, but I guess that's what not censoring means.
Thats a fair point Nick, and I approve of your censorship approach.

As I get older I find it harder to believe most so called truths but I don't think my comments or my linking it would add any extra validity though. But as ever thats opinion.. not fact
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Nick
Site Admin

#158 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by Nick »

The reality of search engine algorithms means that just linking to something from another site increases its score. Increasing its score increases it's perceived value. And so on.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.