Owston meet, 21 & 22nd Oct '23

Subjects that don't have their own home
steve s
Shed dweller

#91 Re: Owston meet, 21 & 22nd Oct '23

Post by steve s »

I eventually got through to darios last night, arranged the buffet numbers, and Andrews gluten free. The manager was supposed to ring me today to confirm the costs, but as yet not rang me, but i can't see it being more than £20 a head room / tea/coffees and buffet

I'm told someone will be there to open up at 9.00am Saturday morning.. let's see !

I'm not sure about the sunday, so far there's only 3 of us , I'm happy to come back on the Sunday, but was planning to discuss it on Saturday with the others.. if there's more interest let me know.
Im looking forwards to it, but I've a busy lead up, as I'm at the NEC tomorrow and a wedding on Friday afternoon
I'm sure those wanting a meal on Saturday evening will be able to, previously when they are full they've set a table up in the main room, but I doubt it will come to that !
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#92 Re: Owston meet, 21 & 22nd Oct '23

Post by Ray P »

As always, thanks for all your work on this Steve and I hope the next couple of days aren't too stressful for you.

I'm looking forward to hooking up with people again.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#93 Re: Owston meet, 21 & 22nd Oct '23

Post by mainscablesrus »

Count me in for Saturday dude, totally forgot about it until Nick asked to borrow some records for it! LOL

Pity about the hotel room costs so its Saturday for me, I will stop for the evening meal as well.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#94 Re: Owston meet, 21 & 22nd Oct '23

Post by Mike H »

previously when they are full they've set a table up in the main room, but I doubt it will come to that !
I forgot about that, of course, shouldn't be any problems then.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#95 Re: Owston meet, 21 & 22nd Oct '23

Post by Mike H »

Ray P wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:16 am As always, thanks for all your work on this Steve and I hope the next couple of days aren't too stressful for you.

I'm looking forward to hooking up with people again.
Likewise and as well as! :thumbleft:

I missed last year due to the toes 'emergency'.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
steve s
Shed dweller

#96 Re: Owston meet, 21 & 22nd Oct '23

Post by steve s »

latest update..

Steve s s&s
Ray p
Mike h s&s
Andrew
Tony m
Vinylnvalves steve
Dave
Nick
Chris s&s
+1
Phil
Simon
Lindsay
Colin
Dave
Thanks all
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Tony Moore
Old Hand

#97 Re: Owston meet, 21 & 22nd Oct '23

Post by Tony Moore »

Thanks Steve for all your work organising once again. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that you've held this event together over the years, through difficult times and challenges. It's morphed from what it was back at Eggborough and that's also a reflection of the way people have learned and moved to new challenges and got the sounds and systems that suit them.

There's always more to learn and more fun to be had trying to improve the audio kit but for me it's a lot about the friendships and fun times and sharing the knowledge.

Witham Wobbler!
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#98 Re: Owston meet, 21 & 22nd Oct '23

Post by pre65 »

Tony Moore wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:12 pm

Witham Wobbler!
Now, that is something I do remember. :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Tony Moore
Old Hand

#99 Re: Owston meet, 21 & 22nd Oct '23

Post by Tony Moore »

Then you didn't consume sufficient quantities! :o

I am very vague about that evening...
steve s
Shed dweller

#100 Re: Owston meet, 21 & 22nd Oct '23

Post by steve s »

Thanks all of you for your comments . As I've said it easy enough to organise and i enjoy the day, reward enough for me.

I had a lucky escape yesterday at the motorhome show, just coffee and sandwiches where our biggest spend...
I've just lesleys friends wedding this afternoon and I can relax, it's down in Brigg, so I volunteered to drive, I'll need a clear head for saturday
See you all soon.
steve s
Shed dweller

#101 Re: Owston meet, 21 & 22nd Oct '23

Post by steve s »

mainscablesrus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:05 pm Count me in for Saturday dude, totally forgot about it until Nick asked to borrow some records for it! LOL

Pity about the hotel room costs so its Saturday for me, I will stop for the evening meal as well.
It will be good to see you Dave
Tony Moore
Old Hand

#102 Re: Owston meet, 21 & 22nd Oct '23

Post by Tony Moore »

OK, got here! Anyone else around yet for festivities? :D
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#103 Re: Owston meet, 21 & 22nd Oct '23

Post by pre65 »

Tony Moore wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:12 pm OK, got here! Anyone else around yet for festivities? :D
Mike should be somewhere near.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#104 Re: Owston meet, 21 & 22nd Oct '23

Post by vinylnvalves »

You didn’t need a boat then? That bodes well for my trip in the morning.
Tony Moore
Old Hand

#105 Re: Owston meet, 21 & 22nd Oct '23

Post by Tony Moore »

vinylnvalves wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:15 pm You didn’t need a boat then? That bodes well for my trip in the morning.
Car felt like a sailing boat coming over the M62. It's damp here for sure. The lane has a lot of puddles. 😂