Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#6736 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ray P »

Paul Barker wrote:.. We want removal from an authority we didn't elect.
EU law is set by the European Parliament, to which we elect representatives. The European Commission is essentially the civil service of the EU.
Paul Barker wrote:The same arbument you put forward is why we as a country couldn't deport Abua Hamzar. Our legal system is the one I would prefer to remain with, not a legal system that didn't evolve on these shores.
Except that the Abu Hamza saga was through the European Court of Human Rights, which is not an EU institution and so not something that we actually voted about on Thursday.

http://www.clarionsolicitors.com/blog/t ... ce-and-the
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#6737 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Paul Barker »

Whatever you are on about sounds far fetched. But I'm not the one tp expore it with you. And it was one small example of many where exit returns soverignty.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#6738 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

Paul Barker wrote:Whatever you are on about sounds far fetched. But I'm not the one tp expore it with you. And it was one small example of many where exit returns soverignty.
..except that brexit is not in any way related to the European Court of Human Rights - that was established by the Council of Europe in the 1950s. The Council of Europe has nothing to do with the European Union - its a completely distinct body with 47 member countries/states, including the current UK.

Abu Hamza appealed to the ECtHR, to which we are a signed-up member, and won his case. The EU had nothing to do with it.

This is fairly typical of the way this campaign has been run - the OUT lot peddle a lot of rubbish, outright lies and half-truths, however the REMAIN lot were completely ineffective at dismissing them.
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Ray P

#6739 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ray P »

Paul Barker wrote:Whatever you are on about sounds far fetched. But I'm not the one tp expore it with you. And it was one small example of many where exit returns soverignty.
Paul, fair enough if you don't want to explore it further but let me assure you that I'm just stating simple facts, easily researched, and there's nothing far-fetched about it.

Makes you wonder how many other small examples people have wrong though. The leave campaign had a much used tactic of playing to peoples' prejudices by conflating issues that are entirely unrelated to the EU question.
Ray P

#6740 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ray P »

Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#6741 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Cressy Snr »

Brexit won't happen.
This is an advisory referendum.
It'll go to a vote in parliament and they'll vote for the status quo.
The Government are under no legal obligation to accept the result.
They'll deal with the ensuing civil unrest the way they dealt with the miners.
only this time it will be the army they bring in rather than the police and special branch.
The establishment will prevail.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#6742 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

I've seen no signs of what you suggest Steve.

You're winding us up. :wink:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#6743 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Cressy Snr »

I don't think so.
There are far far too many very powerful vested interests at work to allow this to happen; more powerful than any of us can imagine. A huge bust up is in the offing. You mark my words.

This referendum was toxic and dangerous and should never have been called in the first place and the leave campaign thought it was a jolly good game they were playing.
Never in their wildest nightmares did they expect to win. They won't do anything to prevent the status quo being upheld. TBH they will be relieved.

BUT we' could end up with our very own version of the Northern Ireland troubles as a result of this stupid act of folly by a few squabbling Conservatives.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#6744 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

So Steve, what has happened since your post at 11:54 this morning to bring about this (unthinkable ?) scenario ?

Any other views on this ?

Edmund Burke

Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#6745 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Cressy Snr »

Well I've been reading David Icke.

As you were :)

Must admit though, it's a bit scary isn't it.

Sorry...silly post.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#6746 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

Ah, that makes some sense.

I have read some of his in the past, how the "illuminati" really run the world and nobody knows about them.

I suppose time alone will tell. :)

Edmund Burke

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#6747 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

You tube is a mine of information. :lol:

It seems Brexit was prophesied in the Bible, so we are all going to be OK. :wink:

Edmund Burke

Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#6748 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Cressy Snr »

Aye a lot of it is far fetched but it is my own opinion that the referendum was a stupid thing to call; incredibly stupid and highly dangerous and divisive. Cameron only promised it for his own political ends and to wrong-foot UKIP during last years election campaign. Trouble is, that decision has bitten him on the arse in a way he never could have imagined. Much as I can't stand the Tories or anything they stand for, I felt no glee, schadenfreude or anything, seeing him out with his lectern watched over by his wife outside Downing Street yesterday, just a numbness and emptiness. OK he'll be alright, he'll make out, but if I were him, I might be thinking to myself

"My God...what have I done?
And for what, a petty squabble inside my party.
And two children have lost their beautiful mother and a husband is bereft because of it.
Last edited by Cressy Snr on Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#6749 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

With regard to Icke and similar, it's good to have an open mind about all things in life, but where do you stop ?

Edmund Burke

shane
Social outcast

#6750 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by shane »

I think you stop just before the point where you start to believe that the world is run by lizards disguised as humans, even if in Farage's case the disguise isn't very convincing.

Yesterday I found myself regretting that we were in a situation where Cameron was forced to resign. This morning after Obama reiterated that the newly independant GB would have to go to the back of the trade negotiations queue, I found myself listening favourably to Donald Trump's approval of our insane decision. Tomorrow I'm going to stand on my head in a bucket of water whilst dodging low/flying Gloucester Old Spots, as I have obviously gone insane.

More to the point, I'm seriously considering taking advantage of my Irish ancestry to claim citizenship.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.