Hello from Somerset!

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Steve Toy
User

Post by Steve Toy »

Marco just got banned for coming here to make peace with Angela and succeeding. How strange!

Angela, you haven't dragged DaveK into all this. He was a very willing volunteer and has a tendency to poke his nose in others' affairs.

So, why was this all not conducted on AOS?

Answer: this is the only platform common to all concerned. I hoped Nick would have been pleased to host such a positive outcome.

Anyway chaps, carry on with what you were doing. We've got a forum to run that isn't as un-scientific as perhaps we've been guilty of portraying. I think chaos theory has a part in explaining some of our findings that seem to defy theory...
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Perhaps it would be better not to reply to this as it can only start things up again. :wink:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

I think chaos theory has a part in explaining some of our findings that seem to defy theory..
More I think to do with transactional analysis.

No maybe best not to continue it.

Ok, I will respond to this

"Marco just got banned for coming here to make peace with Angela and succeeding. How strange! "

Thats the point that I think you are missing Steve, we are not here to provide Marco with a platform to resolve his conflicts, you have your own forum for that, I would prefer you used that instead of involving us.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Steve Toy
User

Post by Steve Toy »

Marco actually came here for two reasons. On realising he'd perhaps been a bit hasty in Angela's direction he wanted not only to make peace but also to find out her take on things. This was obviously the place where she could be found. It could have been done in private for sure, but apologies only carry weight when they are made publicly.

Anyway, we've reached a point where we can continue this on our own site, so Angela, please accept our humblest apologies, I think any communication glitch was as much on our part as yours and we don't have the excuse of being scientists ;)

You are welcome on AOS although I'll understand if you still don't want to post there.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Well, Marco could have very simply got that point over if his post stopped before the

"There are just a couple of points"

And could have possibly invited her back to Aos to continue the apology. After all if it was a public apology then Aos should have not been the place to make it.

It was the fact that there always seem to be the "couple of points" that made me decide enough was enough.

As you say you have reached a point where you can continue this on your our own site.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Steve Toy
User

Post by Steve Toy »

One thing does irk me Nick is that you have in the past allowed people to discuss what takes place on other forums and have even justified so doing but have now denied Marco any right to reply when this takes place.

I guess you felt you needed to take the path of least resistance, certainly with some of your less enlightened and tolerant members baying for his blood.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

I think Marco has only got himself to blame if members here wanted him banned.

I have never had messages containing so many foul mouthed rantings like Marco (and you Steve) does and they are an insult to normal, decent people like the majority here.

This forum is not a democracy and (quite rightly) Nick rules but I'm fairly sure the majority were happy to see Marco banned.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
DSJR
User

Post by DSJR »

I'd recommend taking a few deep breaths (or going and making a soothing hot drink or fussing a hot pussy :P ) before posting "from the hip.."

I've often had to take time out and it's when I've occasionally kicked out too quickly that I've gone in over my head.

Just give peace a chance, people....... 8) :arrow:
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

One thing does irk me Nick is that you have in the past allowed people to discuss what takes place on other forums and have even justified so doing but have now denied Marco any right to reply when this takes place.
Ok, well. you look at it that way, myself I see it as somewhat different, but you may expect I would. I didn't deny Marco the right to reply (not that anyone started a conversation here with Marco, in every case he decided to butt in on the basis it involved something that overlapped with your forum). Its not a "right" that you can post here, its a privilege, in just the same way you regard posting rights on AOS. I allowed Marco to reply, but decided enough was enough when that reply involved aggression towards other members (as it has done every time this has happened in the past), and down right rudeness. Ok, maybe both of you don't see eye to eye with some of the folk here, but that doesn't give you permission to launch attacks towards them and then claim its your "right". If you don't like the people on here, just keep away, ok? If you don't like what they post, even if its about AOS, then don't read it, ok?

I think you may be confusing my attempt to let the place breath and develop in whatever way the members want as indicating this is some form of democracy, its not, its totally autocratic. My place, My rules, My choice who gets to post.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Well said Nick.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

DSJR wrote: or fussing a hot pussy :P

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Steve Toy
User

Post by Steve Toy »

Pre65, do you remember the pm you sent Marco last night?

Address Marco with more courtesy and the response is likely to be more convivial.

I suspect a touch of Marco-baiting going on here.

Nick, you are clearly taking the path of least resistance which you don't need to justify on your own site.
If you don't like the people on here, just keep away, ok? If you don't like what they post, even if its about AOS, then don't read it, ok?

It is in the public domain so it will be read. You have no choice in that!
Last edited by Steve Toy on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

It's been said before but most of us are jolly pleased that YOU run this forum the way that YOU do Nick. Respect.

Right I'm off to cook tea and think about GM70 amps. Monday night is curry night. Mmmmm. :wink:
Andrew
Eternally single

Post by Andrew »

simon wrote: Right I'm off to cook tea and think about GM70 amps. Monday night is curry night. Mmmmm. :wink:
Hmmmm, me too.....might even treat myself to a beer...
PeteC
Old Hand

Post by PeteC »

thats funny ....- Monday is also curry night in our gaff, now that we've finally educated the palates of the 16 and 12 year old ( it took time....)

must be something to do with compensation after the first day back in the rat race after the weekend....

Curry and Amps - 2 of life's priorities which help keep it all in perspective.

cheers
Pete
Life is two shirts