hello good people

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Aidan
User

#1 hello good people

Post by Aidan »

Colin Topps told me about this forum and as I don;t want to be thrown off for inactivity immediatley on joinng - hear this:

I'm shortly to look at converting my KEL84 integrated into a power amp (including making the volume pot on faceplate WD sell for the power version into an on/off switch).

Oh, and I probably need to either hack the phono11 I bought from colin into an MM or go the whole hog and abandon my Reason Reca for a moving coil.

Rest of the stuff - Gyrodec/OL Silver 11.Recca/XLPSV4/Kel84/Impulse H6; Squeezebox3/Tri-Vista DAC.

Aidan
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

Welcome Aidan.
I think you will find the guys here most helpful and you'll enjoy the Fests we have throughout the year.

I'll post the spare phonoII face plate with holes for on/off switch and 6V Blue LED, so aesthetically it be be similar to the PSUII. If memory serves me right I powered the LED from the heaters. I'll also post you my hard copy of the original build manual. This includes how to wire the phohoII up for MM and MC with the stepups. You just need to wire out the stepups and replace one resistor, I think. Should be clear from the build manual.
Andrew
Eternally single

Post by Andrew »

Easy enough done to covert to MM, just wire out the step ups and then when you are ready for MC you can always wire them back in.

-- Andrew
Last edited by Andrew on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

Aidan wrote
Oh, and I probably need to either hack the phono11 I bought from colin into an MM or go the whole hog and abandon my Reason Reca for a moving coil.
You could always post a new thread in Buying and selling section to see if anyone has a spare cheapish MC then you could sell on your Reson.

Best not tell the wife, hey :wink:
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Hi, Welcome.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Aidan
User

#6 the endless hobby

Post by Aidan »

"You could always post a new thread in Buying and selling section to see if anyone has a spare cheapish MC then you could sell on your Reson.d

Best not tell the wife, hey"

She won't be pleased when she finds out I've gone and got a preamp setup. The system I've got now was supposedly my 'final vynyl'!!!! :oops:

I think I will get an MC - just have wait and save the pennies. Again!

By the way, when/where is the next 'fest'?