Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Subjects that don't have their own home
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#121 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

Yep, got my text about 2 hours ago.

Re the motorcycle riding I think one would need a valid reason. I could go and visit my vulnerable Mum, but I'd go the long way round. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#122 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Mike H »

Ray P wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:17 am Take care of yourself Paul.
Likewise! :shock:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#123 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Mike H »

pre65 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:52 pm Yep, got my text about 2 hours ago.

Re the motorcycle riding I think one would need a valid reason. I could go and visit my vulnerable Mum, but I'd go the long way round. :)
There's another aspect that's come up on the motorbike forums I frequent – along the lines of, suppose I have accident, and consequently need medical help, I'm adding to the burden of the NHS through selfishness. I was out on Monday (in the car) the standard of driving was diabolical, speeding and right up your 4rse (and I was doing the limit, indeed slightly over often) and overtaking dangerously, or alternatively, creeping along at 30 - 40! Nuts :shock:

A story on Guzziriders on Sunday was a member was out for a ride, went round a lefthander and was confronted by a Porsche on the wrong side of the road, overtaking on a blind bend, seriously made him think should I hang up my helmet for good? :shock:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
shane
Social outcast

#124 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by shane »

We all had one here earlier. I think all the phone companies have been told to send them to everone.

Police were stopping people heading out on Tavistock Rd, the main route north out of Plymouth City Centre towards the big housing estates at Southway, Belliver and Whitleigh.

Jane is still working at her school in Mutley, as they have a few kids who's parents are critical workers. She's finding the drive to and from work almost completely deserted, and very creepy.

I haven't left the house for a week other than to take the dog for a walk around some of our more remote lanes. Absolutely beautiful today. Is it just my imagination, are did I get the deeling that the eartrh was heaving a sigh of relief at the sudden cessation of so much human activity?

I was told today that despite being officially vulnerable, I shall be expected to return to work once my 2 week self-isolation is finished. That's going to be very wierd.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#125 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Cressy Snr »

These f**king cretins should have been locked up.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-c ... e-52025918

The stupidity of their actions is beyond belief!
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#126 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

Just been for a short walk to get my joints moving a bit. Where I live is rural, so even during the day it's hardly busy.

One thing I do notice is lack of planes above. The flight path over the village is for Luton and Stansted and some evenings the sky was fairly full, seeing the lights of up to 8 planes one behind each other.

I'm lucky in a way, being retired with no worries about income, but I do feel sorry for working families. :(

I just heard about the BBQ fiasco, what an absolute bunch of DICKHEADS, makes me angry. :shock:

Edmund Burke

Max N
Old Hand

#127 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Max N »

Paul Barker wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:15 pm News Update.

A Dr rang. After bed rest I can count to 20 before I have to inhale and the rule atm is if you can’t count to 10 you go into hospital.

My breathing has improved since I went to bed.

The Dr thinks that for the time I’ve had it I should turn the corner, but call back if can’t get to ten.

It was a lesson I needed. Know your enemy and adapt as you learn his ways. This virus is strong and can kill you swiftly. If you get it, take plenty of rest, don’t push yourself rest yourself and facilitate you’re immune system buy time for it to work. Don’t make yourself breathless by any means, guard yourself from getting out of breath.
All the best Paul, we’re all thinking of you.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#128 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by jack »

We've noticed the complete lack on contrails in the sky - today, like yesterday, there are completely clear blue skies. I'm not sure that I can remember that in my lifetime in this bit of the world...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#129 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

jack wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:22 pm We've noticed the complete lack on contrails in the sky - today, like yesterday, there are completely clear blue skies. I'm not sure that I can remember that in my lifetime in this bit of the world...
The other day i saw (briefly) circular contrails, like smoke rings. Looked amazing.

Similar to this.

Last edited by pre65 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edmund Burke

andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#130 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

A cloud with a silver lining eh!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#131 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

Likewise, we're under routes to Europe from airports 'oop norf' and the sky is clear blue. We usually get some lower altitude military flying but they've gone too.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#132 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

pre65 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:27 pm
jack wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:22 pm We've noticed the complete lack on contrails in the sky - today, like yesterday, there are completely clear blue skies. I'm not sure that I can remember that in my lifetime in this bit of the world...
The other day i saw (briefly) circular contrails, like smoke rings. Looked amazing.
Spec that'll be one of them top secret plane thingies :lol:
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
andrew Ivimey

#133 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I liked what Paul's Doctor had to say about breathing exercises.

If you can do it, yes that's great. If you can do 10 without stressing, that's good. If you really can't then seek professional advice.

It reminds me of some of the training I did ( firstcaidcetc etc) this time about trauma stress management. Something like this, in brief,... if you can get your patient to do simple breathing exercises and concentrate on that s(he) will improve as they calm down.

I went out for my quickie bike ride this morning. Gorgeous weather. Lots of people in the park, perhaps more out and about, defo more cars and I passed a gang of three doing building works - an emergency??? perhaps. Everyone else appeared to be keeping good distance.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
andrew Ivimey

#134 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Top secret spectacle loonies you mean!
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#135 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by jack »

FlightRadar24 map from just now for the SE of England. 4 planes on the ground at Gatwick.

That's it.
Untitled.png
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt