Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Subjects that don't have their own home
Greg
Social outcast

#106 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Greg »

Paul Barker wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:33 am Not yet but it’s a step change I’ll need it. Atm no longer talking just breathing as I need all the breath I can get and talking brings me down too far for too long, yet to recover from talking on phone yesterday evening.
Paul, as you and I know, you need to maintain your PO2 levels. If you are struggling as you describe, NOW is the time to seek medical assistance. You need supplementary oxygen. In any case, as the demand for treatment is escalating, the sooner you avail yourself of it the better. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#107 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by jack »

All things being equal, am going to my blood donation session tomorrow.

NHS are desperate for more blood donors as their stock levels are falling as fewer are donating.

If you are fit & well and have been a donor in the past, please book an appointment ASAP - see https://www.blood.co.uk/

If you've never donated before, but are fit & well and not in an at-risk group, please consider enrolling. It's really a simple to sign up and the actual donating is a straightforward process.

In a few more years I won't be able to donate any more (and I've missed a few years due to odd places I've lived) but I hope to hit the magic 50 donations before then...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#108 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

Greg wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:41 am
Paul Barker wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:33 am Not yet but it’s a step change I’ll need it. Atm no longer talking just breathing as I need all the breath I can get and talking brings me down too far for too long, yet to recover from talking on phone yesterday evening.
Paul, as you and I know, you need to maintain your PO2 levels. If you are struggling as you describe, NOW is the time to seek medical assistance. You need supplementary oxygen. In any case, as the demand for treatment is escalating, the sooner you avail yourself of it the better. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Thanks, Im waiting to get further up the queue after 30 minutes ‘there are more than 50 people ahead of you in the queue..’ same as it said when I first rang. I am not going to croak right now so I wouldnt ring 999.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#109 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

Take care of yourself Paul.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Ray P

#110 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

Can't help thinking that this is going to precipitate the reshaping of our High Streets that has been slowly happening for a while.
Paul Barker

#111 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

jack wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:07 am All things being equal, am going to my blood donation session tomorrow.

NHS are desperate for more blood donors as their stock levels are falling as fewer are donating.

If you are fit & well and have been a donor in the past, please book an appointment ASAP - see https://www.blood.co.uk/

If you've never donated before, but are fit & well and not in an at-risk group, please consider enrolling. It's really a simple to sign up and the actual donating is a straightforward process.

In a few more years I won't be able to donate any more (and I've missed a few years due to odd places I've lived) but I hope to hit the magic 50 donations before then...
Good man. Im a universal donor, ‘O’ Neg. Can’t give blood now of course. Its not good for the ‘o’ neg people everyone on earth can use our blood, but we can only use the blood of 0 neg donors.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#112 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by jack »

Paul Barker wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:21 am Im a universal donor, ‘O’ Neg. Can’t give blood now of course. Its not good for the ‘o’ neg people everyone on earth can use our blood, but we can only use the blood of 0 neg donors.
Boring old A+ here (whole family). No real excitement as same as 30% of the population... you are rather more exotic - O- is only 13%. See https://www.blood.co.uk/why-give-blood/blood-types/

We are lucky - we can receive blood from 86% of the population (O+, O-, A+, A-)
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Paul Barker

#113 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

News Update.

A Dr rang. After bed rest I can count to 20 before I have to inhale and the rule atm is if you can’t count to 10 you go into hospital.

My breathing has improved since I went to bed.

The Dr thinks that for the time I’ve had it I should turn the corner, but call back if can’t get to ten.

It was a lesson I needed. Know your enemy and adapt as you learn his ways. This virus is strong and can kill you swiftly. If you get it, take plenty of rest, don’t push yourself rest yourself and facilitate you’re immune system buy time for it to work. Don’t make yourself breathless by any means, guard yourself from getting out of breath.
Paul Barker

#114 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

Paul Barker wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:15 pm News Update.

A Dr rang. After bed rest I can count to 20 before I have to inhale and the rule atm is if you can’t count to 10 you go into hospital.

The Dr thinks that for the time I’ve had it I should turn the corner, but call back if can’t get to ten.

It was a lesson I needed. Know your enemy and adapt as you learn his ways. This virus is strong and can kill you swiftly. If you get it, take plenty of rest, don’t push yourself rest yourself and facilitate you’re immune system buy time for it to work. Don’t make yourself breathless by any means, guard yourself from getting out of breath.
Oh and the Dr said they aren’t worried about people with MS.

Oh and I’ve lost my civil liberty I’m not allowed to leave the house until further notice!
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#115 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Cressy Snr »

Paul Barker wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:20 pm

Oh and I’ve lost my civil liberty I’m not allowed to leave the house until further notice!
Reasonably good news there Paul.
Melanie sends hugs and virtual flapjacks. :)
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#116 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by IslandPink »

Good to see a comment from you Steve - how's it going ?
I'm working from home as of 3pm this afternoon.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Ray P

#117 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

Good to see Paul and Steve pulling through...

Nominally my first day working from home but I took the day off and spent the morning clearing out the spare room so I wouldn't keep thinking about doing it when I work in there. Gawd have we accumulated some junk!

Headed out for my solo exercise stint this afternoon when I got bored with clearing up - a beautiful day for cycling and the roads were nice and quiet.
Ray P

#118 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

and I got both of my parcels delivered - they were picked up from the drop off points and redirected to the home address - good service.
Paul Barker

#119 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

Cressy Snr wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:37 pm
Paul Barker wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:20 pm

Reasonably good news there Paul.
Melanie sends hugs and virtual flapjacks. :)
Thanks Steve.
Say thank you to Melanie please?
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#120 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Mike H »

Mike H wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:24 pm
pre65 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:08 pm I can't decide if the new rules would make riding a motorcycle for pleasure allowable.

It's not exercise as such but could be good for personal wellbeing.
Try explaining it to the police. I'd like to know what their view might be. Personally I'm not going to test it. I was considering it earlier but not now. I'm indoors for the duration.
After writing that, today I thought I might have been overreacting. However in the news today, people in Plymouth being stopped at police check points and asked where are they going and why :shock:

Has anyone else received a text message from gov.uk telling you to stay at home? I just have a few minutes ago! :shock:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."