Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Subjects that don't have their own home
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#91 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

I've got two parcels (with audio project parts) left at drop-off points - not sure if the drop-off points will be open and even if they are whether I can collect them - if I can't that'll be really frustrating!
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#92 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

Ray P wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:12 pm I've got two parcels (with audio project parts) left at drop-off points - not sure if the drop-off points will be open and even if they are whether I can collect them - if I can't that'll be really frustrating!
Are they also food shops, or post offices ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#93 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

pre65 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:14 pm
Ray P wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:12 pm I've got two parcels (with audio project parts) left at drop-off points - not sure if the drop-off points will be open and even if they are whether I can collect them - if I can't that'll be really frustrating!
Are they also food shops, or post offices ?
One's a newsagent and the other a corner shop. I tried the corner shop earlier but they were all locked up well before their closing time!
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#94 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Mike H »

JohnG wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:45 pm I have just listened to a translated report about Corona Virus and the findings of Autopsies in China.
There is a understanding of the behaviour of the Virus, and the need to treat the illness from within the lungs, when the virus takes on a full infection, the passages in the lungs are blocked.

I will tell you the simple things to be understood, if they are entirely accurate, is a unknown, as the report is a verbal description sent via wattsapp.
1, the Virus can live up to 9 Days on metallic surfaces, so regular sanitation of such surfaces is advised.
2, the virus lives on Clothing, Skin and Hair so full body washing with a frothy soap regular is advised, especially if returning from a outside visit, frothy soaps are said to kill it.
Sunlight making contact with clothing items will neutralise the virus on clothing.
3, the virus lives in the throat for 3 days before entering the lungs.
To counteract this gargling with a antiseptic or hot water mixed with Vinegar, Salt or Lemon will neutralise it.
Drink hot drinks should be consumed every 30 minutes, be it water or beverages, these drinks will wash the throat of the infection and the stomach acids will neutralise the virus.

The explanation is that if the virus is able to develop, it will start to create a thick mucus in the lungs, and this is difficult to penetrate and remove, and medication can't be given.

All the above are easy to achieve methods so well worth including in a daily routine, I'm sure there are a few who will carry out a few of them already in relation to mouth washes and sanitising the hands and hot drinks, these will just need to be increased.
I saw very similar today on another forum, and it was bebunked as fake. In fact it was reported to moderators with a request it be took down. Moderator left it up as an exampe, and with a warning. Link to NHS having great trouble with these fake messages going around the Internet and are trying to stamp them out.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#95 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Mike H »

pre65 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:08 pm I can't decide if the new rules would make riding a motorcycle for pleasure allowable.

It's not exercise as such but could be good for personal wellbeing.
Try explaining it to the police. I'd like to know what their view might be. Personally I'm not going to test it. I was considering it earlier but not now. I'm indoors for the duration.

Bicycle, OK that is allowed as your one exercise per day. Motorbike trip, needs to be an essential journey. Like the Moto Guzzi club secretary last week, she lives in France, which had same rules then as we have now, as of this evening, needed to test something on her bike so went to get a loaf of French bread, and stuffed it down the front of her jacket (she says).

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Will
Old Hand

#96 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Will »

My sons farmer friend died last Thursday..all I hear is.. I can do what I want because Im surrounded by fields.
My 98yr old mother decided its the right time to stop dressing eating and taking tablets some sons do have em.
Keep safe out there..in there. :D
JohnG
Old Hand

#97 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by JohnG »

There is not any indication that the suggestions are a cure for the condition.

The methods proposed are time served methods for ailments.
Sanitation, Hygiene, Taking in Fluids and Antiseptic Gargling.

It is the accuracy of the descriptions of how these are effective that can be questioned.

I've already started to follow them, and do not feel I have adopted a Snake Oil approach, and if I do end up with the symptoms,
I will consult with the Medical Professionals on how to proceed with the condition, whilst I am undergoing a Self Isolation.

I am OK with the removal of such information, if it is deemed to be misleading.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#98 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ali Tait »

I’m off to the Winchester till this blows over.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#99 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

I see "sports direct" are trying to remain open because we need them to keep healthy. :shock:

Nothing to do with making money. :wink:

I've vowed never to use them again as nearly everything I've purchased has been very poor value for money.

Shoddy in it's real sense. :lol:

EDIT.

"Sports Direct has performed a U-turn on keeping its shops open during the coronavirus lockdown following a backlash over its plans."
Last edited by pre65 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edmund Burke

Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#100 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

Pneumonia hitting me worse. Please don’t underestimate this germ. Keep clear of people.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#101 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by jack »

Paul Barker wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:01 am Pneumonia hitting me worse. Please don’t underestimate this germ. Keep clear of people.
Hope it improves soon Paul. Stay strong!
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#102 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

Paul Barker wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:01 am Pneumonia hitting me worse. Please don’t underestimate this germ. Keep clear of people.
Sorry to hear that Paul. Are you receiving medical support ?

Edmund Burke

Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#103 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

Not yet but it’s a step change I’ll need it. Atm no longer talking just breathing as I need all the breath I can get and talking brings me down too far for too long, yet to recover from talking on phone yesterday evening.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#104 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Scottmoose »

Get better Paul. And stay positive. I know -bloody easy to say from somebody who isn't (yet) down with it, but do what you can, and don't hesitate to get treatment.
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Website www.wodendesign.com
Community sites www.frugal-horn.com & www.frugal-phile.com
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#105 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by jack »

Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt