Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Subjects that don't have their own home
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#61 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by jack »

Good sensible read from New Scientist

https://www.newscientist.com/article/22 ... re-deadly/
Last edited by jack on Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#62 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

That one makes better sense, something I was suspicious of in the article Will put up. ‘The human imune system cant respond to these virus forms because of the structure of the genome not human.’ Sounds like a load of old bollocks. If that were so wed all be dead by now.

A lot of dubious articles about.

David Ike would say the Lizard eyed 1% ers are controling what your told! There is likely more truth in thta than the idea our immune systems cant dela with the virus ffs, the evidence is in the greater percentage who recovered.

Theres one thing that is really shit about having symptoms, too many people sending fear mongering statements to you all the livelong day. Tahts not said to offend Will, I love the guy. But our immune systems have proved theyre working against the virus.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Paul Barker

#63 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

I love you all, the Wesy’s the People’s republic of South Yorkshirites, the CleckHuddersFaxers, the Over the Penniners and the Lardydar Sothern Jessies. But please stop coming to Scarborough! Saturdya and Sundays walk down Valley Rd to the beech was like crossing Kings Road. I said to Diana stood 2 meters away from me. “what event are all these cars coming to?” we were confused, longer trains of cars than an August Bank Holliday in a heatwave when there’s a Hill climb on at the Mount!

Marshall Law round the corner, due to these behaviours!

Local people here are really miffed, theyve all stayed in doors all weekend because of the selfish greedy ignorant incommers!
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Paul Barker

#64 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

Also, I don’t gte the toilet roll greed. I have symptoms of Covid 19 and haven’t had to blow my nose once.

What are all these herds of people buying up all the toilet paper planning to do with it? Light the fire?

I mean fairs fair, women like to wipe their front bottom with it and I think its got some function to do with the war paint. It only has one true task in my life, and one roll will last me a long time, I know how to get clean with the least amount, learned over a lifetime of toilet roll shortages for its one legitimate job in life!

By the way, the way to blow youre nose if it is runny, is copy whta I saw my older cousin do when we were single figures in age. Great trick I thought when I saw thta. Lean over the wash hand basin one finger blocking one side blow everything out the other, and vice versa. Following which wash hands and face, job done, zero toilet roll required! I repeat, wtf is all this toilet roll reliance about?
andrew Ivimey

#65 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

New Scientist is interesting. Oh boy!

I'm not needed... I've come home , it's another beautiful day dahn staff so I walked round and through town. Nearly deserted, a few shops open but I suppose they'll soon be shutting. It's all too easy to be isolated though not as I found out yesterday at Tescos.

I feel there isn't much sensible guidance from 'the management' and the few doctors who speak up on the radio seem, to me, to be telling it as it is. The Govt continues to be woefully behind - it could have been otherwise (?) if ten years of austerity etc had not depleted the NHS to an appalling degree. ( that's my rant over)

Wonder what's next!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#66 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

Paul Barker wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:17 am

By the way, the way to blow your nose if it is runny, is copy what I saw my older cousin do when we were single figures in age. Great trick I thought when I saw that. Lean over the wash hand basin one finger blocking one side blow everything out the other, and vice versa. Following which wash hands and face, job done, zero toilet roll required!
Good advice, works a treat. For dried up snot use warm water and massage gently with the small finger till it ejects with a blow. Long fingernails can cause damage to nasal cavities.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Paul Barker

#67 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

Top man! I bet you wer like me at school. Hook out a bogey and wave it under your mates nose! Before eating it and going numb numb!
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#68 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

Paul Barker wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:17 am ...one finger blocking one side blow everything out the other, and vice versa...
Do it all the time out cycling but not having a basin handy the trick is to expel it cleanly under your armpit. Most cycling gloves come equipped with a 'towel' section around the thumb area - just in case...!
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Nick
Site Admin

#69 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Nick »

Another reason to keep away from cyclists then :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ray P

#70 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

Nick wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:26 pm Another reason to keep away from cyclists then :-)
Aaarrh! And footballers and runners and...
Nick
Site Admin

#71 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Nick »

Yep, them too.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ray P

#72 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

A topical addition to any home!
41QzEX6wGTL._AC_.jpg
41QzEX6wGTL._AC_.jpg (11.11 KiB) Viewed 4507 times
andrew Ivimey

#73 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Not all those who take to the highways and byways on the dear old velo are so appallingly disgusting...
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#74 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

andrew Ivimey wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:43 pm Not all those who take to the highways and byways on the dear old velo are so appallingly disgusting...
What about the embrocation ? :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Ray P

#75 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

andrew Ivimey wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:43 pm Not all those who take to the highways and byways on the dear old velo are so appallingly disgusting...
What's your technique Mr I?