General health matters.

Subjects that don't have their own home
Nick
Site Admin

#46 Re: General health matters.

Post by Nick »

Not sure what you are saying Mike.
It's what I've believed
Do you mean, "its what I want to be true"?

Its not infallible, but for me, I will stick with what science is telling us, not YouTube.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#47 Re: General health matters.

Post by Paul Barker »

Wow, the one show lifted my spirits 90% of over ‘80’s that have tested positive have lived! I’m only 62, so now I’m a lot more positive in mood, and don’t jump in and say “thank God for that” you bunch of ......
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#48 Re: General health matters.

Post by Ali Tait »

It’s a worry regardless of age I think, nothing is certain. I do worry for my parents more though, neither are in the best of health.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#49 Re: General health matters.

Post by Mike H »

OK Nick, take it down. (I would but can't edit)

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Paul Barker

#50 Re: General health matters.

Post by Paul Barker »

I’ve definitely turned the corner, an undeniable improvement in terms of breathing and need to cough markedly reduced. No longer feverish. Feel more normal for this time of day. One swallow doesn’t make a summer but the change isn’t so little that it’s hard to call as it was yesterday, it’s a marked improvement over yesterday morning. I’m quite excited but I’m going to carry on steady as it’s a serious disease and Usually with anything like this it goes in peaks and troughs for a week or so. But I’m at a highest peak so far. I had some sun on my skin down at the beach middle of day which lifted my mood, and the news via a scientist on Ine show said 90% of people over 80 are surviving it. Big psychological boost from that can only aid recovery.
Last edited by Paul Barker on Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#51 Re: General health matters.

Post by simon »

That's good news Paul. Reassuring that a man in decent physical shape appears to be over the worst in, what, 2 or 3 days?
Paul Barker

#52 Re: General health matters.

Post by Paul Barker »

Sort of, but I couldn’t date the beginning. It was only Wednesday I called it, but I started excessive tea drinking (which I wrongly dismissed insignificant at the time) a full week before and was getting feverish in day and night sweats for same period. It was when the dry mouth became more pronounced such that food had to be peeled off it with finger nail and the dry cough came, the knowledge of stuff in the lungs the wheeze and the shortness of breath. So it’s impossible to date. But it’s heading in the right direction.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#53 Re: General health matters.

Post by pre65 »

Commiserations to Paul / Steve / Ant and anyone else who may be suffering.

Got a call from my Mum earlier, she's having chest pains and has called 999, waiting to hear what the paramedics find when they arrive.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Paul Barker

#54 Re: General health matters.

Post by Paul Barker »

She be quite old Phil ? so definitely a risk group. I hope it goes well for her.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#55 Re: General health matters.

Post by simon »

Indeed
Paul Barker

#56 Re: General health matters.

Post by Paul Barker »

Sometimes the old dears don’t understand the danger. Thursday walking to beach protecting people by keeping clear of them. A old lady at least 80 invaded my personal space and I mean a proximity we Brits would be uncomfortable with before #19. I kept telling her to “get away from me I’m in quarantine. She won, invading to ask “Are you FROM Scarborough?” “yes up the Rd Westbourne Park.” To which she said “I live near the Market” “That’s nice by by!”

I’ll never understand women now, for 62 years the reason they have to talk about nothing! what comes over to a slightly higher functioning autistic person like me is “what she had to say that for? What exactly was she trying to communicate? And what’s the answer I need to give to make sure I don’t need a trenching shovel to dig myself out of whatever the trap is I’m unaware of from what she just said?” Life experience taught me to expect trouble at such times 100% of the time!
Last edited by Paul Barker on Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#57 Re: General health matters.

Post by pre65 »

Paul Barker wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:31 am She be quite old Phil ? so definitely a risk group. I hope it goes well for her.
Thanks Paul,93 with a weak immune system.

Anyway, the paramedics decided she did not need to go to hospital and to contact her Doctor on Monday to sort out her high blood pressure. She had low blood pressure a while ago and the Doctor adjusted her medication to suit but now it's gone high again.

Edmund Burke

Paul Barker

#58 Re: General health matters.

Post by Paul Barker »

Great!
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#59 Re: General health matters.

Post by IslandPink »

Phew ! - fingers crossed.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#60 Re: General health matters.

Post by pre65 »

IslandPink wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:53 am Phew ! - fingers crossed.
Hows your Mum Mark ?

Edmund Burke