Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Subjects that don't have their own home
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#16 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

I went shopping for my Mum lunchtime and I was surprised how empty the shelves were of certain products. :shock:

I got a rollocking at the till because I had 6 baking potatoes in the mix, max should have been 4. :oops:

I read of a lady who had 80 tins of tomatoes in her trolley, seems the manager removed 76 tins and put them back on the shelf. BRAVO. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#17 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by simon »

Just back from Asda as we needed some stuff. Wow. Empty shelves after empty shelves. No veg, no meat, no milk, no bread, no rice, no pasta, no tins, no bog roll etc. I wanted some red lentils amongst other things and was feeling smug that no one would want them. But even the veggie crap nobody ever wants was gone. Oh dear.

They're limiting people to max 3 items of the same thing today. We're not handling this very well. Made Christmas look like an oasis of calm.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#18 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

Sam (my son) went Sainsburys last night and reported most things on shelves now even a shelf stacker pushing a huge cage trolley of toilet roll on the shelves.

People are such herd animals when times like this happen.

All the twits over buying toilet roll don’t have it anyway, it’s a dry mouth food sticks to roof of mouth, can’t talk at time voice box so dried up. Really dry cough.

That’s what I’ve got anyway, only need toilet roll for wiping my bum and that’s most mornings as usual. Anyway if not available get in the shower, people make such a drama of a crisis.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#19 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

Paul Barker wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:57 am Sam (my son) went Sainsburys last night and reported most things on shelves now even a shelf stacker pushing a huge cage trolley of toilet roll on the shelves.

People are such herd animals when times like this happen.

All the twits over buying toilet roll don’t have it anyway, it’s a dry mouth food sticks to roof of mouth, can’t talk at time voice box so dried up. Really dry cough.

That’s what I’ve got anyway, only need toilet roll for wiping my bum and that’s most mornings as usual. Anyway if not available get in the shower, people make such a drama of a crisis.
Of course it may be different inland, at benefits Britain by the sea the herd mentality is as low as it can go. Hence why Aldi and Lidle hit so hard.

Of the herd in Scarborough I can’t think of one that would survive in the wilderness without a Giro every week. They never had to survive from their own efforts before. It’s how their mum taught them.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#20 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Mike H »

Had a delivery yesterday, would normally need to sign on his iPad thing, the bloke says "No we're not allowed to do that now cos of the virus"

So I said "Oh dear", in a sort of mock Victor Meldrew tone :lol:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
shane
Social outcast

#21 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by shane »

My daughter works in the Welcome Centre of Saltram House, a big National Trust property near Plymouth. Yesterday was their last day open to the public before the CV shutdown, and was surprisingly busy.
Halfway through the afternoon a lorry arrived bringing normal supplies, including a couple of pallet loads of toilet rolls. The looks on the punters faces as they were wheeled through the welcome centre kept the staff in stitches all afternoon.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#22 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by jack »

Yeh. I work at Scotney. We've even got a big stock of n95 masks!

However, the site is closed but the gardens etc. are open.

Hmmm. I have keys... and know the alarm codes...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#23 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by simon »

Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#24 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Cressy Snr »

Shared on the Mrs’ Facebook today.

Just been in Tesco Supermarket, when I saw a man, whose trolley was full to the brim with hand sanitisers, baby-wipes, soaps: everything that people need!!!
I called him a selfish bastard and gave hime a low down about the elderly, mums etc, who need these types of things. Told him he should be f*cking well ashamed of himself.
He said “that’s all well and good mate, but I work here, so can I carry on filling the shelves now?
:lol:

Also a more serious note; there are people knocking on doors, claiming to be from the government, doing Covid 19 testing door to door. These bastards are going around sheltered accommodation, trying to con the elderly into allowing them access to their homes. If you have elderly relatives self isolating for the next twelve weeks, FFS make sure they are aware of these scumbags.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#25 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Cressy Snr »

Oh dear...
Headache, neckache, dry cough and near constant light head. Very strange set of sensations.
14 days in the self-imposed slammer then.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#26 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

Oh dear Steve. You're doing the right thing but keep well and stay in touch. Do you have support/assistance as, IIRC, Ant is in isolation too?

Ray
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#27 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Cressy Snr »

Ray P wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:58 pm Oh dear Steve. You're doing the right thing but keep well and stay in touch. Do you have support/assistance as, IIRC, Ant is in isolation too?

Ray
I have a daughter Amy, who can support, so hopefully we’ll come out the other side intact.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#28 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by IslandPink »

Hope it isn't too bad for you Steve, sending you my best wishes !
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#29 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Dave the bass »

I'm self isolating for a few hours too.

No hang on, I'm down the pub but not talking to anyone.

That's the same thing yeah?
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#30 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

Dave the bass wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:03 pm I'm self isolating for a few hours too.

No hang on, I'm down the pub but not talking to anyone.

That's the same thing yeah?
But nobody talks to you when you go to the pub anyway?
Sorry, I couldn't resist!