picoreplayer

I think we all know by now what this section is for.
ed
retired

#1 picoreplayer

Post by ed »

I received the last item in the great chain saga for introducing a pi3 and picoreplayer..it was 3amp power supply with usb micro plug..doh!

anyway...I've spent the last 3 hours trying to get the damned thing to work:

1.downloaded and installed picoreplayer and booted the pi
2. loaded squeezelite
3. loaded lms
4. tried and tried and tried and then tried a bit more to get the lms to pick up the music folder on the zyxel 325-2

I'm pretty sure the image below is the part of lms setup that I'm meant to fill in but it wont take the url or the share name of the music folder....anybody done this with zyxel NAS before and if so got any pointers. The music folder is visible to all terminals connected to the network so I know it's online.
lms.jpg
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#2 Re: picoreplayer

Post by simon »

Yeah, I had the same frustration. I found a solution with a bit of Googling - I had to set dummy credentials. Didn't make any sense to me but it worked.
Attachments
NAS.PNG
NAS.PNG (10.18 KiB) Viewed 17329 times
ed
retired

#3 Re: picoreplayer

Post by ed »

sassenfrassencursinclaudehopper.......gee maw fetch ma gun.

many thanks Simon...I was going to put the damned thing in the bin.....you're right it makes no sense at all, but it works!
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#4 Re: picoreplayer

Post by The Stratmangler »

This is what works in my setup

Chris :happy3:
ed
retired

#5 Re: picoreplayer

Post by ed »

this is what worked for me...I really don't understand this, and I've spent hours searching for some clue this afternoon...
lms1.jpg
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#6 Re: picoreplayer

Post by simon »

I'd forgotten all about this till I saw your post ed - it really hacked me off at the time! "Hairshirt" and "enthusiast"!
ed
retired

#7 Re: picoreplayer

Post by ed »

hairshirt is about right....

I finally got some sound out of the pi at 11:30 pm(that's nearly 6 hours of grief, which shows you just how out of touch I am, not sure how 1st timers would cope)...the next big hurdle was configuring the output device to match the behringer usb dac....in my book it's known as 'try every option and hope'. In the end I found a doc on the internet with a list of every DAC known to man with the Pcp settings.

Anyway it's working..It's all lightning fast compared to the zyxel running LMS and so far the SQ is much the same as I'm familiar with..got to load up some BBC addresses and check the radio now.

Many thanks for the help guys, cos I'm sure I'd still be at it without the help.
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#8 Re: picoreplayer

BBC addresses?
The BBC iPlayer app is all you need.
Copy & paste this address into the additional repositories box at the bottom of the plugins page http://downloads.sourceforge.net/projec ... e-repo.xml and restart LMS.
You should get the most recent version of iPlayer v1.6.8 on a reboot.

There's a minor issue with the stations icons (coz Kev from IT at The Beeb has been "tidying up", and managed to make a right old horlicks of it),but the app itself seems to work just fine.
ed
retired

#9 Re: picoreplayer

Post by ed »

oh yeah...'s lookin good, many thanks for that Chris...
I've been listening all day, particularly like all the beeb 320 streams...
the sq seems to have improved but that may be psychobabble cos it's exactly the same DAC as before

except, but

what I didn't notice was that all the other options in the radio menu have vanished..when I first loaded I noticed all the entries for 'local, 'national', 'genre' etc etc...they've all gone now and all I've got are 3 iplayer entries

also it's all a bit flaky at the mo, the gui has locked up 3 or 4 times today and I've had no control so I've had to reboot via the mains plug.

it's a bit soon to make any judgements but I am conscious that the BBB ran for 2.5 years continuous 24/7 with not one single drop out so this is going to be a difficult baptism for the pi.
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#10 Re: picoreplayer

ed wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:15 pm oh yeah...'s lookin good, many thanks for that Chris...
I've been listening all day, particularly like all the beeb 320 streams...
the sq seems to have improved but that may be psychobabble cos it's exactly the same DAC as before

except, but

what I didn't notice was that all the other options in the radio menu have vanished..when I first loaded I noticed all the entries for 'local, 'national', 'genre' etc etc...they've all gone now and all I've got are 3 iplayer entries

also it's all a bit flaky at the mo, the gui has locked up 3 or 4 times today and I've had no control so I've had to reboot via the mains plug.

it's a bit soon to make any judgements but I am conscious that the BBB ran for 2.5 years continuous 24/7 with not one single drop out so this is going to be a difficult baptism for the pi.
Reboot LMS.
You should have lots of radio options available.

And yes, the BBC streams do sound really good.
They're transcoded DASH streams https://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/blog/2013-09-m ... st-streams
ed
retired

#11 Re: picoreplayer

Post by ed »

The Stratmangler wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:30 pm
Reboot LMS.
You should have lots of radio options available.
please come round and talk sternly to my pi...

but seriously it's early days, I was expecting there to be features, after all I've been building 'features' all my working life so it might be payback time.
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#12 Re: picoreplayer

Neal
Shed dweller

#13 Re: picoreplayer

Post by Neal »

Really odd issue with piecoreplayer yesterday, music was playing slow, like a 45 record at 33.3rpm. Restarting squeezelite made no difference, power cycling the DAC made no difference, rebooting the RPi made no difference. My squeezebox radio was fine as was my office SBmk2. I did a full update of squeezelite and libraries but now squeezelite wouldn’t start! Rebooted the RPi again this time the RPi wouldn’t boot.

Plugged a monitor into the RPi hdmi port to see what was going on and the Pi was stuck loading libraries. So I left it for 10mins and then it started looking for a sound card and booted up. Now it played distorted music, I noted the Kali reclocker was set to 192k which my DAC doesn’t support and yet the squeezelite settings for upsampling where still set correctly to 176.4k. I tried making changes to the settings but piecoreplayer kept reporting there was nothing to change.

In frustration I selected another sound card, saved the config and then set it back to the correct one, re-inputted the correct settings and bingo, it worked. Really odd, I have no idea why or what was causing the issue.
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
ed
retired

#14 Re: picoreplayer

Post by ed »

I'm seeing new features as well Neal...

Paradise 320 drops out for no apparent reason quite regularly....switching to the 128 stream always works at the time.
the streams I listen to are all in my favourites list, but

the radio menu item now only shows the bbc iplayer entries and the url tune in. This was a problem when I first loaded picoreplayer but it went away of it's own accord...well it's returned and no amount of rebooting brings the list of options under the radio menu...

I don't seem to be having the super experience that lots of people report. Compared to the beaglebone I have now got BBC, but at what cost?
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#15 Re: picoreplayer

Post by izzy wizzy »

What or where can I get the BBC plugin now? My old one stopped working a while ago and can't seem to find one.

Cheers,
Stephen