Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
Ant
Shed dweller

#10531 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ant »

The bit of Scotland I'm in is utterly beautiful.
The kids behaviour is not.
Least I found a record shop
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#10532 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ali Tait »

Where are you Ant?
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10533 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

pre65 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:44 am on July 24:
My living room was 27.5 degrees last night, and the fan was on. :shock:

Got up about 2 AM and the sky was alight and with distant thunder. It got closer by 2.30 and heavy rain for about 15 mins but the storm passed by and it was gone by 3.15.
On July 24th I was camping in Anglesey. Was still hot but nothing like what you poor sods had to put up with darn sarf. I did think about you, honest. :D
Last edited by Mike H on Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10534 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

IslandPink wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:26 pm
ed wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:31 am I can recommend TM...if it's still on offer.
Thanks, good advice. & concentrate on what I can influence .. like not watching the news too much.
I stopped watching TV news years ago! :shock:

For exactly the sorts of the reasons that made you lob the remote.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10535 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Cressy Snr wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:08 pm The weather round here is bleedn’ biblical!
An absolute deluge, thunderbolt and lightning, very very frightening!
Yep and I had to take the Ural to its next service that day. Not as bad as Tuesday tho when I rode it home from Anglesey. Around Uttoxeter (A518) and Nottingham (A453 / A52) in particular tipped down like stair rods; the lorries' spray on the A453 and (later) A46 was so thick it obscured their tail lights. :shock:

Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10536 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

AND, the Castlewood Cafe (A518) could only make tea and toast because BT were doing something up a pole next to the cafe which meant they got no gas, or summat. Got leccy cos the TV was on so wasn't that.

Ant
Shed dweller

#10537 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ant »

Southerness, about 20 miles southwest of dumfries on the solway firth
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10538 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Where you are now? I was at Metal Bridge weekend before last. On the River Esk, which drains into Solway Firth. :D

Ali Tait
Eternally single

#10539 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ali Tait »

Ant wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:49 am Southerness, about 20 miles southwest of dumfries on the solway firth
Nice part of the world.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10540 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

I was watching a you tube video test report on the new Tesla model 3 earlier, and it seems a mighty fine electric car.

One dubious feature is "fart mode", where farts of various types (user selectable) can be made to emanate from any of the seat positions and also as an audible warning of certain functions like direction indicators.

I wonder what marketing dick head dreamed that up ? :?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

#10541 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Nick »

I wonder what marketing dick head dreamed that up ? :?
Sounds much more like the engineering department than marketing.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Nick
Site Admin

#10542 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Nick »

The financials for the model 3 are very appealing. 24000 miles a year, 6k down, £480 a month for 48 months, 12k residual. Looks even better when I subtract my £250 a month fuel bill. If the 320d didn't keep going (313,000 miles now) would be thinking very hard about the Tesla.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#10543 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ray P »

Nick wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:55 pm The financials for the model 3 are very appealing. 24000 miles a year, 6k down, £480 a month for 48 months, 12k residual. Looks even better when I subtract my £250 a month fuel bill. If the 320d didn't keep going (313,000 miles now) would be thinking very hard about the Tesla.
I can't match 313K miles but my 16yr old Volvo is now up to 200K and, whilst getting a bit tatty, is still running perfectly so probably good for another couple of years, after which I'll probably have one more car before I make my final journey in a hire vehicle. Something like a Tesla 3 would be a nice top out and those numbers look doable. My only concern, and I admit I just don't know enough about the subject, is battery life and replacement cost? I'm sure there's information out there if I look.

Oh, one other thing, I don't have a driveway so I would have to clear out the garage to get a car in it for recharging - that would be a novel use of a garage, keeping a car in it.
Last edited by Ray P on Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10544 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

Re the Tesla model 3.

The video I watched was a comparison between the Tesla model 3 and the Jaguar i pace.

Seems that the Jaguar, although more expensive to purchase, is as attractive financially for leasing etc. Might be worth checking out ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

#10545 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Nick »

The battery has a 100,000 mile warranty, guaranteed minimum 70% retention of battery capacity.