Bass rig for my daughter

Dedicated to those large boxes at one end of the room
steve s
Shed dweller

#1 Bass rig for my daughter

Post by steve s »

I made this last year for my daughter, last night it got it 1st airing at her band practice.
Last year she bought a 5 string bass but her peavey 15" bass combo could not handle the lowest notes, so I was called in.
It got one of my fane 18s in one box + the upper cab has a 12" and horn tweeter.
She says she will have learn to play a lot better as it's so clean, So a good result..
luckily there are a few big lads in the bands she plays with.. it's quite heavy
Attachments
Screenshot_20190207-221817-960x540-528x297.jpg
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Nick
Site Admin

#2 Re: Bass rig for my daughter

Post by Nick »

If I was you I would put a cage over those drivers.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#3 Re: Bass rig for my daughter

Post by Dave the bass »

.....and fit a drinks holder. Bassists always need somewhere to put their drinkies :)

Nice, is it going to Owston?
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
steve s
Shed dweller

#4 Re: Bass rig for my daughter

Post by steve s »

Nick wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:54 pm If I was you I would put a cage over those drivers.
They have Nick, just not showing up in low res pics.
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
steve s
Shed dweller

#5 Re: Bass rig for my daughter

Post by steve s »

Dave the bass wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:00 am .....and fit a drinks holder. Bassists always need somewhere to put their drinkies :)

Nice, is it going to Owston?
Your right Dave, I'll blue tack a beer mat next to the amp next time I see it

Owston... hmmmm.. I would have to bring her too. It's now in her flat, I don't think I want / will have the pleasure of manhandling it again.. I hope!!
Nick
Site Admin

#6 Re: Bass rig for my daughter

Post by Nick »

So has she got the low string to B (30Hz)? I assume its not the girl with a guitar stuff you played a bit ago?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#7 Re: Bass rig for my daughter

Post by Dave the bass »

Nick wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:47 am I assume its not the girl with a guitar stuff you played a bit ago?
She's 'changed'!
steve s
Shed dweller

#8 Re: Bass rig for my daughter

Post by steve s »

Nick wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:47 am So has she got the low string to B (30Hz)? I assume its not the girl with a guitar stuff you played a bit ago?
That's right Nick, she has a peavey tnt115 but the low string was too much for it. It played the low notes but sounded vague. The fane handles them well. There's a fair amount of bracing and damping in there too.
She is very pleased with the outcome
She described being able to hear the strings vibrate if you know what I mean.
Dave what ever you posted did not come up on my phone.so wasted on me. But she's on Instagram (Sarah shiels) saying how her dad had helped her make it !
Cheers
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9 Re: Bass rig for my daughter

Post by Mike H »

steve s wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:17 pm She says she will have learn to play a lot better as it's so clean, So a good result..
Hah! :lol:

Oh and, shoddy. :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#10 Re: Bass rig for my daughter

Post by simon »

You must have tried them with you baffles Steve???

Are they sealed or ported?
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#11 Re: Bass rig for my daughter

Post by The Stratmangler »

Dave the bass wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:38 am
Nick wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:47 am I assume its not the girl with a guitar stuff you played a bit ago?
She's 'changed'!
It's a shame that someone parked a concrete mixing truck next to the band while they were filming that - you can scarcely make out the subtleties of that ballad they're playing :)
Chris :happy3:
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#12 Re: Bass rig for my daughter

Post by Dave the bass »

There ARE subtleties? :shock: Pfffttttt, I'm no longer a fan of (Norwegian) Black Metal if thats the case!
steve s
Shed dweller

#13 Re: Bass rig for my daughter

Post by steve s »

simon wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:33 pm You must have tried them with you baffles Steve???

Are they sealed or ported?
It's ported Simon. It actually sound very like my baffles.. probably a little more extension but it's hard to tell having not played music through it.
What it does highlight is how good those drivers are.

Dave, I opened my laptop to see the link, that band reminds me of the ming city rockers that Sarah played with 3 years ago.. for the uninitiated 'ming city' is a reference to immingham as far as I know...
Nick
Site Admin

#14 Re: Bass rig for my daughter

Post by Nick »

that band reminds me of the ming city rockers that Sarah played with 3 years ago
Did they walk as if they needed their nappies changed as well?
steve s
Shed dweller

#15 Re: Bass rig for my daughter

Post by steve s »

Nick wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:01 am
that band reminds me of the ming city rockers that Sarah played with 3 years ago
Did they walk as if they needed their nappies changed as well?
Don't know about that, but they all had the same sort of look