Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
ed
retired

#8581 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by ed »

jack wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:11 am Looking good Dave. Footfall is on the up.
you can tell...that lady has still got her handbag.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
chris661
Shed dweller

#8582 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by chris661 »

Spotted this on eBay. Might be interesting to someone

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Job-Lot-Speak ... SwrP9ZvpSF

Chris
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8583 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

jack wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:11 am Looking good Dave. Footfall is on the up.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8584 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Agenda for this morning

1. Tea

2. Any other business

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8585 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Currently camped near Haltwhistle (Northumberland)

Started drinking a bottle of merlot yesterday evening while pitching the tent in the semi dark, then mostly finished it off with sandwiches. Couldn't walk in a straight line after. Funny that.

IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8586 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink »

Sounds great apart from the camping !
I stopped in Haltwhistle many years ago and bought the most amusingly bad postcard I've ever found. I still have it. It was captioned 'General view, Haltwhistle'. It was blurry all over, composition was a green field for more than half the shot then some fuzzy buildings on the horizon, then a blue sky above which had a single white cloud in it which looked as if it had been painted on.

I wish I was fit & well & doing stuff.
Currently struggling with some stomach problems that are making me very bloated and tired. Haven't been feeling that good for 2 or 3 weeks to be honest. This week got worse and I was off work 2 days.
Got some tests on the way - checks for H Pylori bacteria in the stomach and an ultrasound on Thursday to check a couple of things ( gallstones and what we think is a small hernia on the middle below the sternum).
Course I'm worried about all the other potential problems, hoping nothing bad comes to light.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
shane
Social outcast

#8587 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by shane »

Doesn’t sound like much fun! I’d strongly recommend a look at this. It’s an interesting read, and a bit of an eye-opener about how things affect the digestive system and how that in turn affects things you wouldn’t necessarily expect. Even if you’re not suffering it’s worth a look, and there’s a whole new field of research opening up about how your gut and it’s inhabitants have a fundamental role to play in physical and mental health.

Gut: the inside story of our body’s most under-rated organ
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#8588 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Let the medics do their stuff and we'll see - no point in worrying ( yet)!

I've snuck back into UK quietly and I feel awful.. cold, restless, out of balance more cold and wet and very thoughtful about my large intestine but having had a jolly good look at it (something to take my mind off the indignity of the endoscopic procedure,) earlier this year, I'm supposed to be okay down there. Two of my uncle's died of bowel cancer, my mum of sepsis, her small intestine having blocked and ruptured and one of my aunts has just had a tumour removed from her large intestine, not quite needing ' a bag.' So, at the hint of haemmeroids or indeed anything not quite normal I get thoughtful. Now my uncles and aunt were serious meat, steaks for meals and full English for breakfast types. My mum was nearly veggie but ate loads of fish. None of them ever smoked. All this is anecdote and unhelpful.

Over to Mike.... brilliant squire...merlot camping and sandwiches. Envy!

Must get back into the swim of things. Sicily was too good and I lost weight- hooray for Mediterranean diet, fab hot weather and many many archaeological sites to be explored.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
andrew Ivimey

#8589 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I'll have a del, Ta Shane.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
andrew Ivimey

#8590 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Ooops... a dek, bloody auto spell check.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8591 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink »

Thanks Chaps. Just feeling a bit too thoughtful at the moment as you can imagine. The H Pylori option could explain a lot, maybe that's it. I'll feel a lot better by Thursday if they can rule out a few things via ultrasound. We haven't got cancer in the family so fingers crossed.
I will have a look at that book now Shane - it's a subject I've not properly read up on - but have an interest. I did buy some Acidophilous/Bifidus caps the other day so I've made a start.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#8592 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

H Pylori is one of the great stories of modern medicine and indirectly led to folks' deluded fascination with Manuka honey...

If it is H Pylori that's causing you grief, it's pretty easy to deal with - hope it goes well for you... :)
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8593 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Ditto hope it gets sorted.

The camping is a bit chilly and muddy TBH, seems I've been given the baldest (in terms of lack of grass) pitch in the place! Ural performed admirably, problee did 250 miles getting here, incl. a detour into the wilds of West Yorkshire to avoid horrendous traffic jam problems on A1. Video on YouTube later hopefully. I am playing with time lapse.

IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8594 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink »

Nice one !
Bought the book Shane, thanks. Something to read on my hol in the Lakes next week, hopefully.
Improved slightly today.
shane
Social outcast

#8595 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by shane »

Brill! It’s an interesting read, well presented and very thought-provoking.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.