Audiojumble

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#91 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Answer, always look for the initiation, then you see the problem. Stop that then you stop the problem. Opinion on topic, even though sometimes critical of the subject / words, turned personal, always by the same people. Responded to, so is the response the cause of the conflict, of course not, it is the initiation. In my case I am dammed if I will let them get away with it without a response.

Sadly it is an on going problem and it follows me around, but when it is let to play out in full view without owner or mod interference, then the problem will be seen clearly. The biggest problem has been for me that at every forum it has happened at the owner has seen the easiest way out is to ban me, not the initiators (the same gang turn up or are existing members) which is unfair biased moderation, and supplies the initiators with what they are after. So having been successful each time I appear they do the same thing. The difference this time is Nick runs the forum, so it can play out. They are being shown up and embarrassed so hopefully they will shut up, leave me alone to be me and contribute, and then you can judge me.
Last edited by Dr Bunsen Honeydew on Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#92 Re: Audiojumble

Post by pre65 »

All the photo of the damaged BMU proves is that it's not courier proof. :o
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#93 Re: Audiojumble

You don't know the product, you don't know the construction yet you comment with authority. The only way that could have happened in transit is for the transformer to have broken loose inside and pushed the cover off as it rattled around in transit. That didn't happen. Also there is CLEAR evidence of what happened. When a rubber based glue seal is broken, the process stretches strands of the adhesive until they break, or they are stretched and cut by a sideward motion of a knife or similar in the joint breaking the hold of the adhesive. The photos (including others you haven't seen in the HFS link) clearly show that it has been opened and is not possible to be transit damage. If the lid is then pressed back on it partially adheres but the joint is very weak and the evidence is clearly left as to the original tampering.

Do you think this is something new. I had it before from nosey people or people who want to mess around inside, I find out as they normally have to come back for repair, so I am well used to knowing where it has happened. If it is transit damage then this normally happens. The lid doesn't just come off.

So once again you are shown to be partial and wanting to always find a way to diss me and nva, when will you give up, you are making yourself look an idiot.
DSJR
User

#94 Re: Audiojumble

Post by DSJR »

I dare not attend Audiojumbles, as I'd feel miserable with all the tempting things for sale that I don't need...

Apologies for the below being so off-topic, but I feel I have to reply to pre65 above.

The adhesive used is good for heavy top plates I think. The transformer is attached to the bottom and further damped? with a pool of adhesive (almost as deep as the transformer itself) to damp out vibrations, so no chance of it coming loose and pounding the sockets from underneath. All the top needs to carry are the four sockets, which aren't heavy and there are flexible wires between the transformer and sockets. This same adhesive is used to attach the heavy heatsinks onto the mono amps as well as all the internal heatsinks on the integrateds and these are pretty heavy too. I've not yet heard tales of heatsinks coming away inside an amp and shaking around in transit and to be sure, if I'd done something wrong I'd know about it at full power!!!!!! ;)

I have had a couple of integrated amps back to me for service (one was full-frontal impact transit damage to the switch and the other was my fault). The top covers needed some careful prising away to get inside and although I accept the BMU top cover is thicker, I believe it would take a particular kind of clout in transit to knock it off so cleanly with no damage to the rest of the case. My own BMU had been on loose-in-box travels before I bought it home as an ex-dem unit and subsequently purchased it, and that was intact despite little external packaging. I've since opened mine up to check sockets and it took some effort to un-stick the top for access.
Greg
Social outcast

#95 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Greg »

I am sorry that this sorry thread cannot be brought to an end but because I am publically being accused (in a foul, rude and offensive manner) of causing criminal damage to NVA equipment, the property of the company, I need to defend myself against those allegations as they do constitute a real libel.

Here are some real facts which I (and anyone else if you want to waste your time) can prove beyond all reasonable doubt.

1. The BMU in question was an item loaned to potential NVA customers through a loan scheme facilitated by the forum, The Art of Sound. The scheme rules were set by Mr Dunn and it was administered by Dave, dsjr.

2. Along with other TAS members, I applied to have a trial of the BMU. The first person to trial it under the scheme was MartinT who wrote on TAS his review of it on 12/12/2015. His review was positive although he was critical of the modular 13 amp sockets fitted as he found heavy equipment cables or a tug on such a cable could cause the socket grey coloured inner (see photo above) would pull out. Mr Dunn copied and pasted that review into his NVA review thread on his own forum, Hi-Fi Subjectivist. There was no indication from either Mr Dunn or Dave that the unit should be returned for checking/repair after Martin's findings. It was then passed to several more members who had registered for a trial.

3. I received the BMU via post/courier from the previous loaner, 'Accudazed' on 21/01/2016. It arrived in apparent good condition with all panels secure and no evidence that it might be faulty in any way'. On using it I found it made a positive difference to the sound of my system. I also suffered from the same problem of one 13 amp socket inner pulling out when extracting a tight fitting plug. Because The socket was partially pulled out of the unit, with the use of a torch, I gained a restricted view of some of the internals and how the toroidal TX was mounted. I published a positive review on TAS, which included details of the faulty socket on 29/01/2016. Mr Dunn copied and pasted my review over to the HFS forum thread. Neither he nor Dave asked for the unit to be returned to NVA for the faulty socket to be checked/repaired.

4. The next person in line to sample the BMU was 'alaska'. Because he lives local to me we agreed to meet and transfer the unit at a convenient motorway service station. I passed it to him, together with its packaging in the morning of 29/01/2016 in exactly the same condition as I had received it. I had clipped the loose socket inner back into place. When the unit was handed over, all panels were secure. I had not damaged, tampered with or forced the lid off the unit. I forgot to mention the socket fault to alaska at the time but on remembering, in the afternoon texted him that information. He subsequently wrote his own positive review. He did not mention anything about the unit being faulty or the lid being loose.

5. Once the BMU had left me, my responsibility for it ceased. I have no idea what happened to it in transit or whilst in the possession of alaska and subsequent loaners. The records show that after alaska, Antonio66 (HFS member) was next in line with three other persons (two of which were also HFS members) on the list thereafter.

6. Around the middle of March 2016, there was a thread on TAS discussing alternatives to the NVA BMU. I participated in that thread and in particular wrote on 15/03/2016, Pg 6, the message at 23:07 hrs as recorded here.

http://theaudiostandard.net/search/resu ... _made_by=0

7. Around the same time, Mr Dunn asked for the BMU to be returned to Dave for checking and/or repair.

8. Dave received the BMU on 01/04/2016. I know this because at the time I was in regular PM contact with him and he advised me of it's arrival on that day. Being a PM message It would be improper for me to publish all that he said but I'm sure he will not be offend by me revealing that he said it arrived with him well packaged but with "the top in free flight and three of the socket inners popped open". He found no evidence of internal tampering and all that was required was an internal check over, to clip the sockets back in and reglue the lid before passing it on to the next loaner. He commented that the unit had travelled a lot.

9. The time the unit was out of my possession to the time it arrived with Dave was over two months with several others loaning it during that time. None of these people reported any faults with it. If I had tampered with it to the extent that the lid had been prized off and become unglued, why did no-one report this? The only conclusions can be that it was damaged in transit or someone after me had lifted the lid.

These are the correct facts in this matter, all detail recoverable from the TAS and HFS archives and my held PM messages.

Richard, I do not like you and have no respect for you because of the way you have unreasonably behaved towards me from around the time I loaned your BMU. I also dislike your unjustified unpleasantness to others. I would never act unlawfully to damage something belonging to another when it is in my possession and certainly would not tamper with an electrical item (consider the potential consequence?) to be used by other people. As for me trying to damage NVA, why would I want or need to do that? People can judge for themselves and consider NVA in the light of the behaviour of the company proprietor. You do an excellent job and need no assistance from me.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#96 Re: Audiojumble

1. The BMU in question was an item loaned to potential NVA customers through a loan scheme facilitated by the forum, The Art of Sound. The scheme rules were set by Mr Dunn and it was administered by Dave, dsjr.

You can't even get the first statement right, it was TAS (The Audio Standard) AoS would never allow NVA to issue gear on loan to their members. Marco would never allow it.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#97 Re: Audiojumble

2. Along with other TAS members, I applied to have a trial of the BMU. The first person to trial it under the scheme was MartinT who wrote on TAS his review of it on 12/12/2015. His review was positive although he was critical of the modular 13 amp sockets fitted as he found heavy equipment cables or a tug on such a cable could cause the socket grey coloured inner (see photo above) would pull out. Mr Dunn copied and pasted that review into his NVA review thread on his own forum, Hi-Fi Subjectivist. There was no indication from either Mr Dunn or Dave that the unit should be returned for checking/repair after Martin's findings. It was then passed to several more members who had registered for a trial.

Wrong again, but I will let Dave answer this one as he dealt with it.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#98 Re: Audiojumble

3. I received the BMU via post/courier from the previous loaner, 'Accudazed' on 21/01/2016. It arrived in apparent good condition with all panels secure and no evidence that it might be faulty in any way'. On using it I found it made a positive difference to the sound of my system. I also suffered from the same problem of one 13 amp socket inner pulling out when extracting a tight fitting plug. Because The socket was partially pulled out of the unit, with the use of a torch, I gained a restricted view of some of the internals and how the toroidal TX was mounted. I published a positive review on TAS, which included details of the faulty socket on 29/01/2016. Mr Dunn copied and pasted my review over to the HFS forum thread. Neither he nor Dave asked for the unit to be returned to NVA for the faulty socket to be checked/repaired.

Wrong again, it was not a faulty socket, the socket was performing perfectly well and was quite safe due to the construction of the unit as the wire connecting the pins are made from 14 SWG tinned copper wire, there was no chance of the socket inner part lifting more than 1 cm unless yanked up and then max of 2 cm. Only while with you did it become yanked up. The problem was in the design of the socket not as a fault. The sockets are modular and the centre part is held in the frame by lugs, it seems force was applied early on in the loan that pulled one away from its lugs, if pushed down the lugs connected again. We saw it as not enough of a problem to call the unit back as there was no danger of making contact with the wires even after you had yanked the socket up so that it would not allow the lugs to reconnect. We have stopped using modular sockets now because of this. With this unit we glued them in after this to make sure no one else could do what you did.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#99 Re: Audiojumble

4. The next person in line to sample the BMU was 'alaska'. Because he lives local to me we agreed to meet and transfer the unit at a convenient motorway service station. I passed it to him, together with its packaging in the morning of 29/01/2016 in exactly the same condition as I had received it. I had clipped the loose socket inner back into place. When the unit was handed over, all panels were secure. I had not damaged, tampered with or forced the lid off the unit. I forgot to mention the socket fault to alaska at the time but on remembering, in the afternoon texted him that information. He subsequently wrote his own positive review. He did not mention anything about the unit being faulty or the lid being loose.

The lid would not have shown him to be loose unless he tried to remove it as the seal was partially remade and you handed it over therefore the damage didn't show itself to him, so in my opinion that takes him out of any accusation. Also he was positive and didn't start a dissing campaign about it the way you did. ALL the evidence points to you.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#100 Re: Audiojumble

5. Once the BMU had left me, my responsibility for it ceased. I have no idea what happened to it in transit or whilst in the possession of alaska and subsequent loaners. The records show that after alaska, Antonio66 (HFS member) was next in line with three other persons (two of which were also HFS members) on the list thereafter.

As Dave will confirm this is nonsense.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#101 Re: Audiojumble

6. Around the middle of March 2016, there was a thread on TAS discussing alternatives to the NVA BMU. I participated in that thread and in particular wrote on 15/03/2016, Pg 6, the message at 23:07 hrs as recorded here.

http://theaudiostandard.net/search/resu ... _made_by=0

Doesn't require my reply.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#102 Re: Audiojumble

7. Around the same time, Mr Dunn asked for the BMU to be returned to Dave for checking and/or repair.

Again nonsense time lines and borrowers all over the place.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#103 Re: Audiojumble

8. Dave received the BMU on 01/04/2016. I know this because at the time I was in regular PM contact with him and he advised me of it's arrival on that day. Being a PM message It would be improper for me to publish all that he said but I'm sure he will not be offend by me revealing that he said it arrived with him well packaged but with "the top in free flight and three of the socket inners popped open". He found no evidence of internal tampering and all that was required was an internal check over, to clip the sockets back in and reglue the lid before passing it on to the next loaner. He commented that the unit had travelled a lot.

It was only after I had spoken to Dave and seen the pictures that I knew it had been tampered with. After I explained it to Dave and he looked again (before it was mended) he agreed with me.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#104 Re: Audiojumble

9. The time the unit was out of my possession to the time it arrived with Dave was over two months with several others loaning it during that time. None of these people reported any faults with it. If I had tampered with it to the extent that the lid had been prized off and become unglued, why did no-one report this? The only conclusions can be that it was damaged in transit or someone after me had lifted the lid.

Again your time scales are all over the place as Dave will confirm. This really is a fantasy document, that anyone with any intelligence can work out by following the sequence of posts on the subject. Two months my arse, more like two weeks, and that sounds too long from my recollection.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#105 Re: Audiojumble

"These are the correct facts in this matter, all detail recoverable from the TAS and HFS archives and my held PM messages."

And I hope people check them to see what a liar you are, this is a fantasy document, you were trying to damage NVA reputation before we even discovered the unit was damaged. You had been dissing me long before the loan, but Dave had been talking to you and convinced me you were OK. Look at DQs comments, he was astounded I lent you anything after the things you had been saying about me.

Self justifying fantasy and complete lies is all your above shows. The proof is the way you mounted a campaign to assassinate the product at TAS, you had been given the opportunity stupidly by me, so you dived in and enjoyed yourself, and now you must reap the consequences, as everyone sees you as you are.