MCRU Weekend Audio Fest

Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

David gives good hospitality and non of the invited OEM's were pushy for sales.

Isotek demonstrated their various power supply fixes and every one made improvements some of which were greater than the improvements we hear when we mess about with the actual amplifier.

The representatives were highly impressive.

Nicks new DAC is outstanding.

Collin's speakers are sounding great.

David is also not at all high pressure sales and one of the most naturally laid back types I have met to the point of almost dropping off to sleep while mahem is going on all around.

I met a very talented nay gifted man Paul Beckett, who makes very spetial clocks (horologist) for a lot of money who we will certainly hear more of. He could be the next Josh Stippich. But Paul designs he has others do the making. Here are some of his clocks.

I had to head home as I was very tired by about 3am while Paul was still the life of the party and I feel a little of a heel not saying goodbye to him, but by that tiume he was wild and I was in need of an unhindered exit. Half way to Scarborough I pulled into a laybye and slept then continued journey when I awoke.

I should have booked into the hotel.

It was a great time and none of the other diy'ers among us like me need to feel they will be jumped on and forced to buy something. On the contrary it is entirely laid back and David is nothing but generous and a good host.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

Post by Scottmoose »

Wish I could have made it -didn't get back from Woolwich until gone 11pm Saturday. Oh well. I gather from Colin it was a very interesting couple of days though. :)
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

We where caravanning i would have enjoyed it...
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
ed
retired

Post by ed »

Yorkshire wildlife park......thoroughly recommend it!
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be