what are you doing ?

Subjects that don't have their own home
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#76 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by Cressy Snr »

steve s wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:03 pm
...Steve I've just found a kt66 amp I built about 10 years ago. It had those Hammond on it once.. it had arff a ecc something as a driver surprisingly there is some nice components in it
Oscons and bg's
Best of luck with rocky..
Cheers Steve,
The Rocky’s all done and playing. Sounds sweet, detailed and musical, so it’ll do for me. Lovely sweet treble coming from those Hammonds.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#77 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by jack »

simon wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:39 pm
izzy wizzy wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:44 am It's yer classic 3 Bay compost bin setup. Resurrected one on left. They last about 5 or so years before a revamp.
Compost bins in the sunshine, lifts yer heart!
Good point. Ours need some TLC too... However have to be careful as we have a load of sloworms in them... If you whip the carpet covering off quickly, you can see them all before they dive for cover...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Max N
Old Hand

#78 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by Max N »

Just read ‘An American in the Gulag’ by Alexander Dolgun.
Was lent to me a few years ago by my mother in law, finally got round to reading it. An epic and inspiring story of survival, highly recommended.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#79 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by Mike H »

Greg wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:12 pm
Mike H wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:16 pm The guy with magnets up his nose, sounds like an April fool joke! (Which is tomorrow)
I think it’s completely believable. I have a friend who does just that sort of thing. In the past he has nearly sliced all his fingers off one hand whilst checking the lawnmower blades are spinning properly, burnt his figures whilst checking to see how hot a recently expired magnesium fuse was, frozen his tongue to the pillar valve of a recently rapidly discharged diving cylinder whilst checking to see how cold it was and suffered excruciating pain when he applied plumbers freeze to his scrotum in the hope of alleviating some other discomfort :roll: :lol:
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Lee S
Old Hand

#80 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by Lee S »

Greg wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:12 pm I think it’s completely believable. I have a friend who does just that sort of thing. In the past he has nearly sliced all his fingers off one hand whilst checking the lawnmower blades are spinning properly, burnt his figures whilst checking to see how hot a recently expired magnesium fuse was, frozen his tongue to the pillar valve of a recently rapidly discharged diving cylinder whilst checking to see how cold it was and suffered excruciating pain when he applied plumbers freeze to his scrotum in the hope of alleviating some other discomfort :roll: :lol:
Ahhh that old chestnut eh Greg? I have a friend...... :lol: :lol:
©2020 Lee
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#81 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by izzy wizzy »

jack wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:04 pm Good point. Ours need some TLC too... However have to be careful as we have a load of sloworms in them... If you whip the carpet covering off quickly, you can see them all before they dive for cover...
We normally have loads of them too but have been surprised this year to not have seen one, not even a small one which is a bit disappointing. Still much more digging to do so live in hope. During the horizontal hail of a few days ago, had a frog hop into the house after me from lurking in the pots near the door. First time for everything. Must have been eyeing up his options.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#82 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by pre65 »

On my list of things to do are several "garden" jobs.

Trouble is my green bin is full to the brim and now Braintree council have suspended green bin collections. :(

There is an area in the back garden where I could dump everything so when the weather warms up a bit I'll get going.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#83 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by simon »

You need compost bins Phil :D
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#84 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by pre65 »

simon wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:37 pm You need compost bins Phil :D
Yes, but no.

Thing is, I don't grow anything, so what would I do with the compost ?

Suggestions please. :lol:

Edmund Burke

jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#85 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by jack »

pre65 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:48 pm
Composting toilet?
Humanist place of rest?
Put all your veg waste etc. in it (no citrus peel or cooked food etc. though), make compostr. Sell compost...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#86 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by pre65 »

jack wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:20 pm
pre65 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:48 pm
Composting toilet?
Humanist place of rest?
Put all your veg waste etc. in it (no citrus peel or cooked food etc. though), make compostr. Sell compost...
We have a special (small) green bin for food waste that the council still collect every fortnight, although it's mainly veg waste. I'm too lazy to make compost.

Edmund Burke

Nick
Site Admin

#87 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by Nick »

I'm too lazy to make compost.
Strictly speaking you are not lazy enough to make compost. If you were very very lazy you would automatically start making it.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#88 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by pre65 »

Nick wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:22 pm
I'm too lazy to make compost.
Strictly speaking you are not lazy enough to make compost. If you were very very lazy you would automatically start making it.
That's comforting Nick, I'm not as lazy as I thought I was. :lol:

Edmund Burke

Ant
Shed dweller

#89 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by Ant »

More chopping of shrubs today, some more roses cut back along with a Californian lilac and a huge hydrangea.

That wants dead heading too as I didn't get round to it last autumn. Job for another day.
All the cuttings went through the garden shredder so I have an enormous bag of mulch to use once the donkey work is done in the garden. Also have a load of wood from them that was too big to go in the shredder so dunno what to do with that.
I'll think of something
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#90 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by izzy wizzy »

Had a nice day off yesterday. Another day of clearing a 6 ft path for 16m of hedge that will screen the working garden from view. It's a slow business taking days to do as there's up to foot high mounds of dirt in the path and two yew bushes about 6ft high. Have to dig them out for transplanting. My goodness they put up a fight. Only got one out and he finished me off for the day. Another one tomorrow. 3 others need moving at some stage later. Note to self; it's a marathon not a sprint but one half of the bare root hedge has arrived so time not on my side.