what are you doing ?

Subjects that don't have their own home
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#646 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by pre65 »

Seems that the Oregon guide bar I ordered is no longer available. The Homelite mount ref D196 is the problem.

I rang my supplier in Northern Ireland, and I think we have found an alternative that will fit. Only 18" mind you (20" was first choice) but that's fine for what I want.

Will be despatched today. :D
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
shane
Social outcast

#647 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by shane »

simon wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:29 pm I've had a quick Google and couldn't find anything about Gmail resizing so an app it is.
Odd! Must be the iPhone email app that’s doing it then.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#648 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by Cressy Snr »

Just like on Rumer’s first album
“I’m doing the dishes at the window and the radio’s playing “Superstar”

Uncanny. :flower:
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#649 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by izzy wizzy »

There's a plaster shortage in our part of White Cliffs country so had to drive to Maidstone and then to Sittingbourne to get what I needed. Must be hard being a plasterer in our area.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#650 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by Dave the bass »

what are you doing ?

Replacing the 2700 Watt fan oven element in our Smeg cooker, thats what.

Oooerrr, thats not round anymore...

Oooofffff!
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#651 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by pre65 »

It's green bin day tomorrow, and my green bin is full (garden waste). My two next door neighbours have only half filled their bins so they have graciously allowed me to fill theirs up as well.

I was doing fine till rain stopped play. :(

Edmund Burke

jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#652 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by jack »

Got a serious dehydrator as we have major surfeit of fruit and veg plus freezers (3 of them) are all full. Picked 3.8kg of figs yesterday and probably another 10-15kg still out there... 5.4kg of blackberries too from a nearby lane...

The thing does 6 trays at a time, but just experimenting for now...
IMG-20200816-WA0004_copy_648x1152.jpeg
IMG-20200816-WA0006_copy_648x1152.jpeg
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#653 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by pre65 »

Still no sign of my chainsaw bar and chain, seemingly it's coming from Trump land.

Anyway, the front hedge is down apart from 10ft stumps, and my neighbour has taken 6 trailer loads of crap to burn. Actually it burnt very well.

I've now started on the side hedge, but today is a rest day 'cos of the rain.

To keep my sense of humour alive I've viewed a few Sarah Millican videos on YouTube, she is very rude, but also very funny.

Getting the van ready for an MOT tomorrow (Wednesday) and the Honda MOT on Friday.

Edmund Burke

Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#654 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by Ray P »

I ventured into the office today for the first time since March - very strange atmosphere at first, very quiet and subdued. I wouldn't want the job when it eventually comes around to removing the stickers that are everywhere!

Still, it was a very welcome change to yet another dayworking in the spare room!
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#655 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by pre65 »

pre65 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:31 am Seems that the Oregon guide bar I ordered is no longer available. The Homelite mount ref D196 is the problem.

I rang my supplier in Northern Ireland, and I think we have found an alternative that will fit. Only 18" mind you (20" was first choice) but that's fine for what I want.
The chainsaw bar finally got here today.

Upon inspection the slot that fits over the two fixing studs was too small, but I was expecting that. As the adjuster peg locating hole, and the oil hole were correct, I set about enlarging the slot to 3/8". Using my Silverline imitation Dremel tool with various size grinding bits, and a flat file I soon had the correct size.

It's all assembled now and ready to use once the rain stops. :D

PS. Both the van, and the car, passed their MOT tests.

Edmund Burke

Neal
Shed dweller

#656 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by Neal »

Gutter issues here, well, down pipe issues in reality. Normal levels of rain fall are ok but the recent torrential rain causes the gutters to over flow. I cleaned them out a few months back But the down pipes must be full of crap as the water backs up. The pipes disappear in to soft ground, no shoe on the bottom and are continuous to the roof. So I thought I’d cut them at the bottom and half way and clean them out before I did I checked the fitment of some 68mm couplers as I’ll be using them to reconnect the pipe, they don’t fit. It seems we have some non standard or old standard down pipes that are 68mm OD but the inside diameter is not standard....grrrr.

Solution is to buy more couplers and use new standard pipe and connect them back to back. That way I can reconnect the old pipe back to the stud that will be sticking out of the ground.....what a faff
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
Neal
Shed dweller

#657 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by Neal »

Started on the easiest and shortest one, I have three to sort out....cut off parallel to the ground and yes I got soaked as I was lying down to get a square cut, the pipe is filled with earth and plant roots.

I don’t know if there is a soak away, if there is it’s under our concrete drive so I’m not going to dig that out! I could fit a shoe but the drive slopes down towards my neighbour and I’m sure they wouldn’t be happy with a paddling pool outside their back door!

Improvised coupling to connect the pipe backup

Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
Ant
Shed dweller

#658 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by Ant »

Breaking cartridges.

Managed to rag the cantilever off my eroica. Bought it new for the missus' auto jvc deck about 10 weeks ago.
Ffs.

Was dusting the jvc with a microfibre cloth and it got snagged in it.

I got a second phono stage at the same time, a graham slee fanfare, which is mc only one to go with it, while i was using the benedict audio mm one with the dynavector homc and air bearing arm. This was so there was no need to faff about with cables to use either of them.

So i couldnt use any of the other mm and homc carts ive got...

The only other mc i have at the moment is a mk 1 dl301, which doesn't like it one bit in the jvc arm which is too heavy for it. I tried it. So ive had to swap the dv over onto the jvc along with the mm phono stage, and put the dl301 on the air bearing arm with the graham slee so it at least has a fighting chance of sounding ok.

The jvc arm is a doddle to set up, especially with the dr feickert protractor, took about 15 minutes to set the dv up in it. Sounds fine as expected.

The air bearing arm is a pig to set up. Took over an hour to get the 301 dialled in.

Sounds fine. Not the same as it did, but its just tough.

So im now sat here with eyes on stalks. And rather miffed about the 400 quid down the drain
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#659 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by simon »

Had a similar problem Neal. The downpipe outfalled into a gully but it drained very slowly. There were roots growing out of it. Long story short, the connection all the way to the soakaway was matted. Ended up with a new soakaway as well as the connection. Hope yours isn't as bad.
Greg
Social outcast

#660 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by Greg »

Ant wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:58 pm Breaking cartridges.

Managed to rag the cantilever off my eroica. Bought it new for the missus' auto jvc deck about 10 weeks ago.
Ffs.

Was dusting the jvc with a microfibre cloth and it got snagged in it.

I got a second phono stage at the same time, a graham slee fanfare, which is mc only one to go with it, while i was using the benedict audio mm one with the dynavector homc and air bearing arm. This was so there was no need to faff about with cables to use either of them.

So i couldnt use any of the other mm and homc carts ive got...

The only other mc i have at the moment is a mk 1 dl301, which doesn't like it one bit in the jvc arm which is too heavy for it. I tried it. So ive had to swap the dv over onto the jvc along with the mm phono stage, and put the dl301 on the air bearing arm with the graham slee so it at least has a fighting chance of sounding ok.

The jvc arm is a doddle to set up, especially with the dr feickert protractor, took about 15 minutes to set the dv up in it. Sounds fine as expected.

The air bearing arm is a pig to set up. Took over an hour to get the 301 dialled in.

Sounds fine. Not the same as it did, but its just tough.

So im now sat here with eyes on stalks. And rather miffed about the 400 quid down the drain
Do you have accidental damage home insurance you could claim on?