what are you doing ?

Subjects that don't have their own home
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#436 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by Ali Tait »

Well back to work on Monday, which I’m quite glad about, gets a bit much furloughing on your own after a few weeks. Busy day today, changed oil & filter on the car, also air and pollen filters, which were a bugger to get to.

Took it for a quick drive, and DING, front brake pads low, please make your way to your nearest service agent. Bloody typical. :D
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#437 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by IslandPink »

I was just looking forward to a quiet weekend with Monday off, after a hard couple of weeks at the home desk. Went out for a walk for an hour, came back, message on the phone, my mother has fallen in the house. Now just about to phone back for more info from neighbours, see if ambulance has been to check her yet.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#438 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by simon »

Hope she's okay Mark
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#439 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by IslandPink »

Looks like she's OK, fingers crossed. Took about 2 1/2 hours for someone to come and raise her off the floor, wasn't hurt. Neighbours helped out. Spoke to her about an hour ago.
JamesD
Old Hand

#440 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by JamesD »

Really hope she's OK, Mark. Mum's are special!
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#441 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by simon »

That's good, must be a relief
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#442 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by Ali Tait »

+1, hope she’s good Mark.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#443 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by pre65 »

Glad to hear your Mum is OK Mark.

I know how you feel, my Mums just as likely to do the same. :(
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
JohnG
Old Hand

#444 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by JohnG »

Hi Ali
Good Luck with the return to work.
Note: an exclusion zone for an operation, when other trades are nearby, is the only way to look after your social distancing space requirements ensuring others and yourself are looked after in relation to the COVID Spread.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#445 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by Paul Barker »

Social distancing is history in Scarborough.

The masses have changed behaviour following the examples set by Gov advisor and rioters.

The queue at Tesco was so long we drove off to Lidl, no queue no arrows, everyone piled in like the days before covid.

I couldn’t help the anger rising up and went mental with a few people one an old man (we’ll probs 5 years older than me. He picked up and put down 4 or 5 identical cartons of some drink before deciding which to have. He was told.....

It’s like everyone has regressed to their primal selfishness and decided on rebellion as they’ve found ever since Dom Cum demonstrated for the nation how to apply the rules people have been testing the water and pushing the boundaries, but no authority has challenged their push out of their straight jacket, then they saw how close you can get to each other in mass demonstrations across the world and a switch went off in their bold rebellion and a shopping trip to Lidle is back to normal.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#446 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by IslandPink »

Well said Paul. It would just be bloody typical that when we finally get some freedoms here in Wales ( where most people are still following the lockdown strictly ) that we end up in another national lockdown caused by this sort of behaviour.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#447 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by IslandPink »

Thanks for the kind comments about my mum. Panic over, she's still at home and doing OK today apart from being a bit stiff. Fingers crossed.
steve s
Shed dweller

#448 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by steve s »

Good news Mark..

Paul our local lidl has all the markings and the queues that the larger supermarkets have. yours must be special..
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#449 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by Paul Barker »

It’s the most newly built supermarket in Scarborough where football ground once.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#450 Re: what are you doing ?

Post by Ali Tait »

JohnG wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:50 am Hi Ali
Good Luck with the return to work.
Note: an exclusion zone for an operation, when other trades are nearby, is the only way to look after your social distancing space requirements ensuring others and yourself are looked after in relation to the COVID Spread.
Thanks John. Yes well aware, ops will do as instructed or will be booted off site. Simples. :D