Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Subjects that don't have their own home
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#181 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

IslandPink wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:06 am Are you OK, Paul ? I saw a joke pop up, but any updates on your pneumonia ?
14 days since first symptoms today. If all goes well should be recovered and have immunity by end of 3rd week is expectation from tests Chinese did on their sufferers. Based on the mean, Standard Deviation not stated. But a few poor people will not break free for over 40 days. Others will never know theyve had it. But both extremes unlikely to be where many people shall land.

The end of the third week is by whay where the majority of deaths occur.

Ive been status quo for a a few days now, not going downhill not getting better either. End of next week I should feel much better, or feel nothing.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#182 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by IslandPink »

Hang in there, hope you get some improvement very soon.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#183 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

Thank you Mark. Got it in last couple hours, breathing a lot more effective long may it continue.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#184 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

Paul Barker wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:42 pm ...I should feel much better...
Here's hoping for you Paul
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Max N
Old Hand

#185 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Max N »

Paul Barker wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:35 pm Thank you Mark. Got it in last couple hours, breathing a lot more effective long may it continue.
That’s good to hear Paul, hang in there
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#186 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by mainscablesrus »

FFS its impossible to get away from this shit, there are so many thing about this that are totally wrong.

Look how many people die each year from flu and similar virus's plus add the ones that have hardly any immune system left and its been totally blown out of all proportions.

Charlie never had it, Boris neither its just bollox, lets show the public we can get it and survive, pirk them up a bit.

Its tragic for those who have left us and their families but the whole thing is so full of holes its just not right.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Nick
Site Admin

#187 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Nick »

FFS its impossible to get away from this shit, there are so many thing about this that are totally wrong.
Yes, I agree, there are many things you go on to say are wrong.
Look how many people die each year from flu and similar virus's plus add the ones that have hardly any immune system left and its been totally blown out of all proportions.
The important thing in that sentence is "each year". Comparing two numbers and saying one is bigger than the other so its ok when one is over a year and one a month, is at best stupid. I make more than 300 power supplies for you in a year, being asked to make the same number in a month would be problematic. Also, the deaths due to flu haven’t stopped, they are still going on and taking up the NHS's resources. Remember how the NHS runs ouyt of beds each year without the extra stress of this extra virus.
Charlie never had it, Boris neither its just bollox, lets show the public we can get it and survive, pirk them up a bit.
I have no idea what you base that idea on, probably one of your daft acquaintances. Or as I said before, is that what you think is true, or what you want to be true. If you are going to follow up on your plan to catch it, then let me know and I will keep well away for the near future.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#188 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

IF I lived on my own, and had no elderly dependents , I'd probably be glad to get the virus and build up some sort of immunity.

But, the whole world (nearly) is reacting in a similar way to us in the UK, so they can't all be wrong.

Just because your new premises used to be a doctors surgery does not make you an expert on the control of a pandemic, or does it ? :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Max N
Old Hand

#189 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Max N »

mainscablesrus wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:41 pm FFS its impossible to get away from this shit, there are so many thing about this that are totally wrong.

Its tragic for those who have left us and their families but the whole thing is so full of holes its just not right.
Before the lockdown, deaths were going up exponentially, doubling every three days. Imagine what that would have been like in another couple of weeks. Do the maths.
Even with the shutdown, they are converting ice rinks into morgues. This is in no way comparable to the flu.
Nick
Site Admin

#190 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Nick »

Do the maths
No, really Dave, do the maths (and show your workings). 849 today, doubles every 3 days (was closer to every 2 originally), see what the end of April brings. (and of course the rate would in practice increase a lot once the NHS failed).
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#191 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by simon »

To be fair to Dave this is the rant thread, and that was a jolly good rant. :lol:

Read this Dave and see if it makes any more sense. You need to gear yourself up for the long haul as this isn't going away any time soon.

Nick
Site Admin

#192 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Nick »

simon wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:41 pm To be fair to Dave this is the rant thread, and that was a jolly good rant. :lol:
Yep and I ranted back :-)
Nick
Site Admin

#193 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Nick »

simon wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:41 pm Read this Dave and see if it makes any more sense. You need to gear yourself up for the long haul as this isn't going away any time soon.

I have difficulties getting him to read an email with two paragraphs. You have no chance with that document.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#194 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by IslandPink »

Good comment.
I was shocked at today's figures. I thought we were approaching a peak fairly soon, but not so.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#195 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by simon »

Nick wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:18 am I have difficulties getting him to read an email with two paragraphs. You have no chance with that document.
I kinda guessed that :(