Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Subjects that don't have their own home
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#76 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Embrocation is for sissys.

My technique.... well when I feel it is likely that some sort of nasal excavation is necessary. I look about for a safe place, slow down and alight from the bella machina bicycle. Then I delve into my back pocket and pull out a freshly laundered and ironed Egyptian cotton handkerchief. Then I have a jolly good blow.

Next I place the now soiled hanky on the ground, drench it in lighter fuel and burn the fucker.

Next I jump back on the velocepede and head off into the wild blue yonder...
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#77 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

andrew Ivimey wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:59 pm Embrocation is for sissys.

My technique.... well when I feel it is likely that some sort of nasal excavation is necessary. I look about for a safe place, slow down and alight from the bella machina bicycle. Then I delve into my back pocket and pull out a freshly laundered and ironed Egyptian cotton handkerchief. Then I have a jolly good blow.

Next I place the now soiled hanky on the ground, drench it in lighter fuel and burn the fucker.

Next I jump back on the velocepede and head off into the wild blue yonder...
Andrew, your sense of humour is a real tonic. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
andrew Ivimey

#78 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I'm trying.

People often say that.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Paul Barker

#79 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

I got that word on all my school reports. Paul needs to try harder!
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
JohnG
Old Hand

#80 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by JohnG »

I have just listened to a translated report about Corona Virus and the findings of Autopsies in China.
There is a understanding of the behaviour of the Virus, and the need to treat the illness from within the lungs, when the virus takes on a full infection, the passages in the lungs are blocked.

I will tell you the simple things to be understood, if they are entirely accurate, is a unknown, as the report is a verbal description sent via wattsapp.
1, the Virus can live up to 9 Days on metallic surfaces, so regular sanitation of such surfaces is advised.
2, the virus lives on Clothing, Skin and Hair so full body washing with a frothy soap regular is advised, especially if returning from a outside visit, frothy soaps are said to kill it.
Sunlight making contact with clothing items will neutralise the virus on clothing.
3, the virus lives in the throat for 3 days before entering the lungs.
To counteract this gargling with a antiseptic or hot water mixed with Vinegar, Salt or Lemon will neutralise it.
Drink hot drinks should be consumed every 30 minutes, be it water or beverages, these drinks will wash the throat of the infection and the stomach acids will neutralise the virus.

The explanation is that if the virus is able to develop, it will start to create a thick mucus in the lungs, and this is difficult to penetrate and remove, and medication can't be given.

All the above are easy to achieve methods so well worth including in a daily routine, I'm sure there are a few who will carry out a few of them already in relation to mouth washes and sanitising the hands and hot drinks, these will just need to be increased.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#81 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by jack »

Do you have a link to the source for this info? I only ask as some of the items have previously been debunked, e.g. the mouthwash one and how long it lives on metal (best data I've seen on that before from a reputable source is three days - https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 192755.htm )

It'd be good to know if that really has changed...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#82 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

Boris has spoken.

I just hope everyone takes notice, for all our benefits.

Edmund Burke

IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#83 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by IslandPink »

Well it won't be me that's causing trouble !
Not as stringent as I feared - I can still go out for a bike ride ( once ) or a walk, on my own.
Thank god - may be working from home as of tomorrow afternoon.

ps. thanks Paul for your entertaining commentaries.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#84 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by jack »

IMG-20200323-WA0021.jpg
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Neal
Shed dweller

#85 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Neal »

JohnG wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:45 pm I have just listened to a translated report about Corona Virus and the findings of Autopsies in China.
There is a understanding of the behaviour of the Virus, and the need to treat the illness from within the lungs, when the virus takes on a full infection, the passages in the lungs are blocked.

I will tell you the simple things to be understood, if they are entirely accurate, is a unknown, as the report is a verbal description sent via wattsapp.
1, the Virus can live up to 9 Days on metallic surfaces, so regular sanitation of such surfaces is advised.
2, the virus lives on Clothing, Skin and Hair so full body washing with a frothy soap regular is advised, especially if returning from a outside visit, frothy soaps are said to kill it.
Sunlight making contact with clothing items will neutralise the virus on clothing.
3, the virus lives in the throat for 3 days before entering the lungs.
To counteract this gargling with a antiseptic or hot water mixed with Vinegar, Salt or Lemon will neutralise it.
Drink hot drinks should be consumed every 30 minutes, be it water or beverages, these drinks will wash the throat of the infection and the stomach acids will neutralise the virus.

The explanation is that if the virus is able to develop, it will start to create a thick mucus in the lungs, and this is difficult to penetrate and remove, and medication can't be given.

All the above are easy to achieve methods so well worth including in a daily routine, I'm sure there are a few who will carry out a few of them already in relation to mouth washes and sanitising the hands and hot drinks, these will just need to be increased.
Don’t believe everything you read on social media! The virus doesn’t live. It enters the upper respiratory tract when you breath in. Not amount of gargling with bleach hot water of vintage port is going to shift it from your lungs.
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#86 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by simon »

Bit of a long read, and scary if accurate

Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#87 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

JohnG wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:45 pm ...as the report is a verbal description sent via wattsapp.
Sorry John but I'm with Neal and wouldn't trust that as a source of valid information for a moment. So called 'social' media is awash with misinformation, stupidity and downright quackery. Now more than ever we need to rely on science-based information from reputable sources.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#88 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

IslandPink wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:03 pm I can still go out for a bike ride...
Looks like I'll be doing some extra miles myself, just to stay sane - the roads should be nice and quiet so safer too.
Last edited by Ray P on Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#89 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

I can't decide if the new rules would make riding a motorcycle for pleasure allowable.

It's not exercise as such but could be good for personal wellbeing.

Edmund Burke

IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#90 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by IslandPink »

Neal wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:30 pm No amount of gargling with..... vintage port
Shit ! - that was the next phase of my plan :roll:
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"