Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Subjects that don't have their own home
JohnG
Old Hand

#226 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by JohnG »

Good on you Nick, I am surprised the calculation was so adrift, as I have revisited the source and my entry is correct to it .

I had a quick look at the Global Population on Google, and stumbled on the strangeness with the Clock thing as shown in the Link.

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#227 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by mainscablesrus »

Nick wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:18 am
simon wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:41 pm Read this Dave and see if it makes any more sense. You need to gear yourself up for the long haul as this isn't going away any time soon.

I have difficulties getting him to read an email with two paragraphs. You have no chance with that document.
IF I HAD A POUND FOR EVERY LINK I HAVE SEEN POINTING TO SOME SO CALLED EXPERT GOING ON ABOUT WHAT MAY HAPPEN I WOULD RETIRE.

How many people have said they have a mate whose sister is a nurse blahdy blah. Plenty of experts blathering on about statistics and what we should have done and what we are doing now will result in this and that.

Vast majority of cases are in London (a friend has been in a coma for 4 weeks with it at St Thomas's, he is still there not woken in a month) and again vast majority in their senior years. 1 or 2 exceptions of course.

I am geared up for the long haul. I am doing what I have been told to do by Bozo. Plenty of hand sanitizer at work and facemasks if required, huge signs on the door at work do not enter leave deliveries in the porch etc, etc,etc.

June is my prediction for lightening up of the current rules.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#228 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by mainscablesrus »

Oh and I already read that article thanks.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Nick
Site Admin

#229 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Nick »

Plenty of hand sanitizer at work
There was none in the porch when I dropped supplies off today.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#230 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Mike H »

This evening:
-
BBC iPlayer - Watch BBC News live.jpg
-

Worldwide 921,924, 192,964, 46,252
United Kingdom: 29,474, 135, 2,352
United States: 210,744, 8,805, 4,698

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#231 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by mainscablesrus »

Nick wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:28 pm
Plenty of hand sanitizer at work
There was none in the porch when I dropped supplies off today.
I is not paying £30 a bottle to give it away to delivery people LOL

After they all deliver their wares we go out and disinfect the door handle.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#232 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by simon »

Feeling a bit touchy Dave?
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#233 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by IslandPink »

I see the governor or Georgia ( US ) is really on the ball. He's jut ordered a lockdown :

He said his decision was triggered by "game-changing” new projections on the disease’s spread in Georgia. He also said he was informed of new data that this virus “is now transmitting before people see signs.”

“Those individuals could have been infecting people before they ever felt that. We didn’t know that until the last 24 hours,” he said.

"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#234 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by mainscablesrus »

This is a rant thread, surely we don't need copying and pasting of virus news daily, we can watch the BBC or Sky for that.

Eddie Large dies of heart complications not the f...ing virus.

Its like a competition between the news agencies who can create the most doom and gloom.

AFAIK Corona has been around for a very long time, kills loads globally continually, the new strain COVID-19 deaths are being mixed in with standard Corona deaths as I have read there is no surefire test for this new strain on its own.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#235 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by pre65 »

mainscablesrus wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:52 pm
Eddie Large dies of heart complications not the f...ing virus.
Eddie Large.
"His family confirmed the news "with great sadness" on Facebook, saying he had been suffering with heart failure and contracted the corona virus in hospital."
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#236 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Ray P »

mainscablesrus wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:52 pm Eddie Large dies of heart complications not the f...ing virus.
I don't really understand the points you're making with your rants Mr. MCRU - you just seem to be angry rather than rational - and I think you're missing the point on this one

We know that Eddie Large has died. For some time prior to his death it appears he had been suffering from heart disease and in the past few days it seems he contracted Covid-19 - did he die of heart disease or Covid-19? Maybe the question we need to ask is 'would Eddie Large still be alive now, had he not contracted Covid-19?' - I suspect the answer is 'probably'. It seems he was one of the vulnerable members of our society and, perhaps, exemplifies the point of trying to mitigate the spread of the virus and protect our vulnerable/elderly/etc. who, IIRC, number around 1.5million!
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#237 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by IslandPink »

mainscablesrus wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:52 pm This is a rant thread, surely we don't need copying and pasting of virus news daily, we can watch the BBC or Sky for that.
Don't talk twaddle, Dave, BBC and Sky aren't going to mention this one, with all that's going on in the UK.
If you find this thread annoys you, don't come here, just go in your listening room and shut the door.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Neal
Shed dweller

#238 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Neal »

Remember he had a heart transplant in 2003, he contracted covid-19 whilst in hospital which hastened his death, poor guy
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
Nick
Site Admin

#239 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by Nick »

AFAIK
And just how far is that?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#240 Re: Corona Virus Lock Down 'Rant' Thread.

Post by simon »

mainscablesrus wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:52 pm Its like a competition between the news agencies who can create the most doom and gloom.
They needed something to replace bloody Brexit.