General health matters.

Subjects that don't have their own home
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#31 Re: General health matters.

Post by Paul Barker »

From what u said Mark I’ve just read one of his blogs or whatever it is called, on The matter and I have to confess my mind blocks it, an overload. That’s how I find most of his writings.

But having mostly adhered to his principles for nearly 6 months I’m feeling no lack of nutrients though I find it boring to eat so much root veg and no brassica. Having come from long period of eating only for nutrition tons and tons of greens. To summarise what Ray Peat says about brassica “it’s nutrients are not worth the cost to my body of the toxins” the words mine, the meaning Ray Peat. I hope my off the cuff phrase trying to encapsulate meaning is accurate, that’s my intent.

Anyway I feel on health no Ill-effects of shifting priorities from nutrition to harm avoidance. The nutrients have to now be hunted down eating bone broth and fruits plus all available root vege and nothing which defends itself above ground from the many predators above ground. Things hanging off tree / or stem are allowed. The defensive toxins are strongest in plants the part of which we eat grows directly out of the soil. I.e cabbage for example. But you can put such into the bone broth in the making to gain some of its nutrients but not toxins if you throw away the flesh.

Oh **** I’ve just had to self isolate 14 days.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Nick
Site Admin

#32 Re: General health matters.

Post by Nick »

nothing which defends itself above ground from the many predators above ground
I feel I should keep out of this, but I do want to point out that there are digging/burrowing and flying/climbing predators out there as well. And for many plants, being eaten is a part of their evolved life cycle.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#33 Re: General health matters.

Post by IslandPink »

Have you got the symptoms, Paul ?
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Paul Barker

#34 Re: General health matters.

Post by Paul Barker »

Nick wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:27 am
nothing which defends itself above ground from the many predators above ground
I do want to point out that there are digging/burrowing and flying/climbing predators out there as well.
Yes, parsnip is mentioned by WHO for these toxins, but Ray Peat isn’t worried about the toxins in root veg. He will have a long explanation somewhere....
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Paul Barker

#35 Re: General health matters.

Post by Paul Barker »

IslandPink wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:52 am Have you got the symptoms, Paul ?
Dry cough started 3 days ago, plus normal common cold symptoms. Now I can’t control coughing I’ve had to isolate. Only last evening I felt unwell but nothing more than mild cold. It’s the dry throat/cough which is the give away. I’ve never had that with cold or with influenza. I also dry up when talking and can’t get the words out.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#36 Re: General health matters.

Post by simon »

Take it easy Paul, get well soon. (I always knew green shit wasn't good for us :lol:)
steve s
Shed dweller

#37 Re: General health matters.

Post by steve s »

Look after yourself Paul.. we went to Rome end of last month. We decided to say in for 2 weeks... I've quite enjoyed staying in but now I'm well out of the time frame I don't really want to go out. Funny how you get used to things

Completed loads of projects in the garden and house, including amp that you supplied the output valves
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#38 Re: General health matters.

Post by Cressy Snr »

Look after yourself Paul.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#39 Re: General health matters.

Post by Ray P »

Keep well Paul.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#40 Re: General health matters.

Post by Ray P »

I should point out that I am not Ray P(eat) and I don't like parsnips!
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#41 Re: General health matters.

Post by jack »

+1 Hope you are on the mend soon...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Paul Barker

#42 Re: General health matters.

Post by Paul Barker »

Ray P wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:14 pm I should point out that I am not Ray P(eat) and I don't like parsnips!
Like ✔️
Ant
Shed dweller

#43 Re: General health matters.

Post by Ant »

Not the only one Paul, son number one came home from school with a dry cough, so, following advice. us lot are going to have to stay inside for the next two weeks.
What ever is causing the cough, its most likely to have been picked up at school. Boris waited too long to shut them
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
Paul Barker

#44 Re: General health matters.

Post by Paul Barker »

Ray P wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:14 pm and I don't like parsnips!
I’m sick of em too.
Paul Barker

#45 Re: General health matters.

Post by Paul Barker »

Ant wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:33 pm Not the only one Paul, son number one came home from school with a dry cough, so, following advice. us lot are going to have to stay inside for the next two weeks.
What ever is causing the cough, its most likely to have been picked up at school. Boris waited too long to shut them
To be fair I think the government hit it about right. The lemmings were panicking way too much already. The way I see it people in vulnerable groups are those that need to self isolate, the mild symptoms majority should be happy to catch it and gain antibodies ASAP.

Sadly I’m at the edge of the mild symptoms majority at the shores of the die of asphyxiation waiting for staff to be trained to use the new makeshift intensive care kit.