amazon prime or netflix?
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Ant
Shed dweller

#2 Re: film and video streaming

Post by Ant »

I have both
And very rarely use either. Not sure why I pay for them to be honest
Amazon is not as user friendly as Netflix Ime, but tends to have a bit better picture quality
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
Nick
Site Admin

#3 Re: film and video streaming

Post by Nick »

Netflix seems to have content that suites my interest more, or maybe its just got more content some of which I like. But Amazon has had a couple of things that Netflix doesn't that I want to watch.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#4 Re: film and video streaming

Post by Ali Tait »

I find the same as Nick.
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#5 Re: film and video streaming

Post by izzy wizzy »

We have both and watch them equally I think. In the past, we've ditched Netflix but seem to have it again. It all comes down to the content you're interested in and the hardware you have. We use firesticks.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#6 Re: film and video streaming

Post by Ali Tait »

If you get Sky Q you get Netflix free.
Nick
Site Admin

#7 Re: film and video streaming

Post by Nick »

Ali Tait wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:45 pm If you get Sky Q you get Netflix free.
Though that is a somewhat creative use of the word "free"
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#8 Re: film and video streaming

Post by Ali Tait »

LOL yes I suppose so.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#9 Re: film and video streaming

Post by Ali Tait »

They are offering a good deal at the moment though-

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.expr ... -price/amp

Take off the 8.99/month that Netflix would cost you anyway and it looks even better.
gninnam
Old Hand

#10 Re: film and video streaming

Post by gninnam »

I have both.
Got rid of Sky this year and have not missed it one bit.
Also have Hayu on Prime as has all the things my wife used to watch on Sky so she is happy.
ed
retired

#11 Re: film and video streaming

Post by ed »

thanks for the replies chaps...I'm finding it tricky to decide...the boss is swayed by the amazon issue of free postage, which pays for the difference with netflix....but if Nick says netflix has the largest offering then.........oh waily waily

Ali Tait wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:18 am They are offering a good deal at the moment though-

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.expr ... -price/amp

Take off the 8.99/month that Netflix would cost you anyway and it looks even better.
I was under the impression that netflix was £5.99, but sky is way beyond my means anyway.....but thanks for the thoughts Ali.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Nick
Site Admin

#12 Re: film and video streaming

Post by Nick »

Well, if the free postage is worth the price, then the tv is free and you have the cash left to spend on netflix :-)

Get a free trial with netflix and decide if its worth it. It doesn't matter how much content there is if you don;t want to watch any of it.
Greg
Social outcast

#13 Re: film and video streaming

Post by Greg »

I use both Amazon and Netflix. You need to assess what they do is best for you.

With Netflix, everything they show in their catalogue is free to stream. No option to buy or download. Appreciate they have a major emphasis on American recordings and principally their own productions, many of which are very good. Personally, I’m afraid After a while, I hanker after U.K. English material when I can find it. TV series on Netflix are good for this.

Amazon on Prime is very different. Where Netflix almost exclusively feature and promote their own materials which you’ll probably never see featured at your local cinema, Amazon does offer wonderful films, originally box office and maybe nostalgically hankered after by you, the Mrs or the kids (grandkids in my circumstance). Now Amazon Prime has a restricted offer of available films to stream for free (after you prime payment). If you want current or valued historical films, you’ll have to cough up. Eg, my sentimental Mrs wanted to watch the other day The Sound of Music. Not available on Netflix, but available on Amazon for a watch within one month at £4.95. A download is dearer. We’ve used this a few times for her indoors and the grandkids when something specific was wanted. Got to say, a fiver to settle the grandkids is very good value. So, free or inclusive stuff on Amazon is great but might not meet your needs and might have to be additionally paid for but everything on Netflix is available within the contract. Whether you can find what you need thereafter is debatably down to what you are looking for or want.

Running both services, I kind of feel pretty accommodated.