New acquisitions..

Subjects that don't have their own home
steve s
Shed dweller

#1 New acquisitions..

Post by steve s »

I've done very little on the audio front this year. It's been another year of selling stuff and thinning down the collection of stuff
The're has been a couple of new things that seem interesting turned up through a good friend
The first is a Decca proffesional tone arm and mk 2 cartridge
The tone arm is lovely condition but the cartridge needs a rebuild I've had some quotes for the work and I'm about to send it off , hopefully it will be worth the investment and it will go nicely on one of the 301s if I make a new plinth.. that's my next job.
I was going to sell my 4300a valves but had a change of heart and kept them last weekend. I'm glad I did as a pair of mullard mz20-50 valves where offered to me. These are quite rare valves and look very interesting and another good reason to build a 300b type amp and adapt it to use these valves and the da100s. Just swapping output transformers.
These mz20-50 are a supposed to be a transmitting valve but the M in the code stands for low frequency. They where used in both transmitters and audio amplifiers before the war
They have a high plate impeadance and a high gain, there are schematics on the web for a 300b/ at20 amplifier
The at20 is the military version of the mz20-50, I have high hopes for this valve... you never know it may be good...? and I have a love for 1930s valves. I also need to give the da100s a go, so i could utilise the same breadboard..
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
steve s
Shed dweller

#2 Re: New acquisitions..

Post by steve s »

Just realised I made a typo with the valve number.. should have read mz05-20
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#3 Re: New acquisitions..

Post by IslandPink »

I missed that one !
But 'DA100' did catch my eye, and I thought 'nice' .
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Ant
Shed dweller

#4 Re: New acquisitions..

Post by Ant »

Nice
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#5 Re: New acquisitions..

Post by Mike H »

Not jealous at all

:D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."