Owston '19 what are you bringing

Subjects that don't have their own home
steve s
Shed dweller

#1 Owston '19 what are you bringing

Post by steve s »

If you can post what you are planning on bringing it would be great..
Thanks Steve
I hope to have a new pair of baffles made and probably a breadboard amp
Free time permitting of course
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: Owston '19 what are you bringing

Post by Cressy Snr »

Well providing I can keep up the momentum and finish the 13E1 SEOTL, it'll be there, as will the Fane speakers.
How the OTL will perform in that big space is another matter entirely, but I'll give it a chance.

I may go all vinyl this time and bring the JBE/Mayware/AT540ML.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
little eddy
Old Hand

#3 Re: Owston '19 what are you bringing

Post by little eddy »

41MP pre-amp and Mo-Fo solid state power amp. Updated phono stage if I get round to it.

p.s. I thought it was a good idea suggested last year where the same pieces are played on each system.
TD-125/RB250/MC25FL & 'Snail' phono, NAS/SBT with CS4398 DAC, 41MP pre & MoFo Power, still messing with OBs.
ed
retired

#4 Re: Owston '19 what are you bringing

Post by ed »

little eddy wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:17 am p.s. I thought it was a good idea suggested last year where the same pieces are played on each system.
if you're suggesting we listen to the same 3 tracks all day......

doesn't get my vote, no way no how.....

is this a serious suggestion, and if so will it be arrived at democratically?

back on topic:
possibly a revamped SE SV572 with remote PS or revamped LatFet with isolated front and back ends, or both, or nothing.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#5 Re: Owston '19 what are you bringing

Post by Cressy Snr »

ed wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:24 pm
little eddy wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:17 am p.s. I thought it was a good idea suggested last year where the same pieces are played on each system.
if you're suggesting we listen to the same 3 tracks all day......

doesn't get my vote, no way no how.....

is this a serious suggestion, and if so will it be arrived at democratically?
I suggest:

1. Eva Cassidy - Fields of Gold
2. Johnny Cash - Hurt
3. Nils Lofgren - Keith Don't Go (acoustic guitar version of course) :blackeye:
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#6 Re: Owston '19 what are you bringing

Post by Ali Tait »

No no no it has to be Annie Lennox. :D

300b otl if I get it finished.
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#7 Re: Owston '19 what are you bringing

Post by izzy wizzy »

I was hoping to bring Turntable, DIY phono stage, line stage and 813PP amps, Tannoy 15 corner Yorks.

Cheers,
Stephen
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8 Re: Owston '19 what are you bringing

Post by Mike H »

So far it's looking like my PCL86 amp with the SMPS supplies in posh cases, and most problee the bookshelfs I normally use them with. Might have a revamped 801A amp in new box if I can get it ready in time.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#9 Re: Owston '19 what are you bringing

Post by Ray P »

Mr Cresswell has the 13E1 OTL covered and Mr Tait the 300B OTL so not sure what to bring. If I can find the time to debug it maybe my DSD decoder.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10 Re: Owston '19 what are you bringing

Post by Cressy Snr »

Ray P wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:18 pm Mr Cresswell has the 13E1 OTL covered and Mr Tait the 300B OTL so not sure what to bring. If I can find the time to debug it maybe my DSD decoder.
The more OTLs the merrier, so bring yours too. The OTL Furtling Fellowship (O.F.F) may use Owston as its launch event. If Dave finishes his Beast monoblocks we could end up with the biggest collection in the country, of OTLs together at one time.
chris661
Shed dweller

#11 Re: Owston '19 what are you bringing

Post by chris661 »

Cressy Snr wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:41 pm
3. Nils Lofgren - Keith Don't Go (acoustic guitar version of course) :blackeye:
That record sounds good on basically anything. If I was a HiFi salesman, that's one of the demo pieces I'd pick for sure.

For really getting to grips with a system, I'd want something reasonably demanding. Like the Metallica track with the orchestra, but without the excessive sibilance on the vocals.

Not sure if I'll make it to this one or not, but if I do it'll be the 10" coaxials and a subwoofer, plus some Powersoft amps.

Chris
Ray P

#12 Re: Owston '19 what are you bringing

Post by Ray P »

Cressy Snr wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:34 pm The more OTLs the merrier, so bring yours too. The OTL Furtling Fellowship (O.F.F) may use Owston as its launch event. If Dave finishes his Beast monoblocks we could end up with the biggest collection in the country, of OTLs together at one time.
Well, I have my 300B SE-OTLs too, the amps I bought to Owston a couple of years ago.
Neal
Shed dweller

#13 Re: Owston '19 what are you bringing

Post by Neal »

I’m going digital, will bring my TDA1541 and RPi in a box with Allo I2S reclocker. If anybody insists on playing the same three songs on each system I will make them listen to Concidering a Move to Memphis on repeat for at least three hours solid! :D
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#14 Re: Owston '19 what are you bringing

Post by Ali Tait »

Ray P wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:08 pm
Cressy Snr wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:34 pm The more OTLs the merrier, so bring yours too. The OTL Furtling Fellowship (O.F.F) may use Owston as its launch event. If Dave finishes his Beast monoblocks we could end up with the biggest collection in the country, of OTLs together at one time.
Well, I have my 300B SE-OTLs too, the amps I bought to Owston a couple of years ago.
Yes, bring both amps please Ray, I may not get mine done in time and I would like to hear the SE again.
Ray P

#15 Re: Owston '19 what are you bringing

Post by Ray P »

Ali Tait wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:48 pm
Ray P wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:08 pm
Yes, bring both amps please Ray, I may not get mine done in time and I would like to hear the SE again.
OK, I'll see what I can do - I was thinking of coming on my bike of course but maybe that won't be such a good idea! :bounce: