Shanling M0 Portable Music Player

Subjects that don't have their own home
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#1 Shanling M0 Portable Music Player

Post by Ray P »

I was gifted some money for my recent birthday and, after reading the recent review in HiFi World, I thought I would take a punt on a new music player and bought one of these;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shanling-M0- ... 1801683791

I've been using if for around a week now, mostly in the office, and I have to say that it is ridiculously good value. Using my 32ohm Goldring headphones the music SQ is excellent, nicely balanced with good dynamics and an amazing level of detail. It's only a little behind listening with the rugged Sony headphones I use when I'm out and about.

Build quality is first class and the software and touch screen work well. It's easy to use.

I've equipped mine with a 200Gb microSD card and I have something like 700 albums worth of FLAC files. It will take upto a 512Gb card, which would be enough to hold my entire music library.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
antonio66
User

#2 Re: Shanling M0 Portable Music Player

Post by antonio66 »

I've been thinking about purchasing a cheaper DAP and have one of these on my watch list. Good to read your comments, so one of these could be on its way to me soon.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#3 Re: Shanling M0 Portable Music Player

Post by Ray P »

I don't think you'll be disappointed if you take the plunge.

I was only listening to some music at work yesterday and thinking how good it sounded - much better than my Samsung S7 even using USB Audio Pro.

It does warrant fairly decent headphones though as I'm finding through extended listening - I have a pair of 'rugged' £35 Sony HPs I use on the move or in the gym and whilst they're perfectly listenable their limitations are obvious in comparison to my old Goldrings. That reminds me, I must try the Sennheiser in-ear headband 'phones I have around here somewhere.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
antonio66
User

#4 Re: Shanling M0 Portable Music Player

Post by antonio66 »

I was thinking more for taking on holiday rather than on the move listening. I would be using PSB M4U 1's which I've owned for 3 yrs and don't get much use since I have a better open backed pair for serious listening. I'm in no hurry to purchase since I haven't even booked the holiday. :D