Owston meet 2019 >1&2 June

Subjects that don't have their own home
Nick
Site Admin

#16 Re: Owston meet 2019 >1&2 June

Post by Nick »

we've had them in November before now - would be much better for me.
Historically though those were less well attended, and the weather made them a bit less fun (IMHO).
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#17 Re: Owston meet 2019 >1&2 June

Post by IslandPink »

I remember going to one in Eggborough in November which was great - blue skies and frost when driving down, then Paul had the 212 amps, it was a memorable day.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
RhythMick
Old Hand

#18 Re: Owston meet 2019 >1&2 June

Post by RhythMick »

Yeah it's in my diary too. Would really like to listen to Steve's speakers before then though and maybe get the recipe.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#19 Re: Owston meet 2019 >1&2 June

Post by Ray P »

I'm thinking it could be a real treat with some of the projects ongoing, like Steve's OTL amp coupled to his Fane speakers. Looking forward to it.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#20 Re: Owston meet 2019 >1&2 June

Post by izzy wizzy »

I'm going to stick it in the diary or calendar if I had a 2019 one yet. This will probably be my one and only chance to go ever so hopefully I can make it.

Cheers,
Stephen
Greg
Social outcast

#21 Re: Owston meet 2019 >1&2 June

Post by Greg »

RhythMick wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:41 pm Steve from Hull (sorry I don't know WHICH Steve) brought some really interesting speakers to Owston. 18" (?) Sub, mid & ribbon tweeter (?).

I'd REALLY like to hear my amp on those speakers. Very happy to drive to Hull some time.

Could someone tell me Steve's forum user id and I'll PM him
I think you may be thinking of steve s the OP of this thread and the organiser of Owston.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#22 Re: Owston meet 2019 >1&2 June

Post by Mike H »

izzy wizzy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:08 pm I'm going to stick it in the diary or calendar if I had a 2019 one yet. This will probably be my one and only chance to go ever so hopefully I can make it.

Cheers,
Stephen
Really hope you do. :thumbleft:

I'd like to audition a couple of things, the PCL86 amp, also I'm trying to resurrect the 801A DHT SET. Plans are afoot... (or 30 cm...)

The PCL86, with it's SMPS supplies, is kind of my have-a-go copy of the Chinese APPJ-PA1501A (basically a 6AD10 tube spud, has inbuilt SMPS, there's a topic here somewhere about it). I bought it originally to go in the conservatory (but at this time of year, dining room); I always thought it was pretty good TBH especially after putting in kosher audio grade caps, but the PCL86 is kicking its ass. :shock:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#23 Re: Owston meet 2019 >1&2 June

Post by izzy wizzy »

Any idea as to when things kick off Saturday? Thinking do I drive up Friday with potential horrendous traffic or leave early Saturday morning with potential for setup going a bit haywire? Driving from deepest Kent. This leads on to booking accommodation. Experienced comments welcome.

Cheers,
Stephen
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#24 Re: Owston meet 2019 >1&2 June

Post by Ali Tait »

Friday is good for the Friday Seminar, which consists of drinking beer and talking bollocks until they throw us out. :D
steve s
Shed dweller

#25 Re: Owston meet 2019 >1&2 June

Post by steve s »

RhythMick wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:41 pm Steve from Hull (sorry I don't know WHICH Steve) brought some really interesting speakers to Owston. 18" (?) Sub, mid & ribbon tweeter (?).

I'd REALLY like to hear my amp on those speakers. Very happy to drive to Hull some time.

Your more than welcome Mick.. in the new year would be best for me. Pm when your ready..
I've been busy in the shed the last few weeks restoring an old scooter and a Bates push bike.. so not looking in as often as I should be..
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
RhythMick
Old Hand

#26 Re: Owston meet 2019 >1&2 June

Post by RhythMick »

steve s wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:06 pm

Your more than welcome Mick.. in the new year would be best for me. Pm when your ready..
I've been busy in the shed the last few weeks restoring an old scooter and a Bates push bike.. so not looking in as often as I should be..
Thanks Steve I'll do that. Probably February add January is full of taking my youngest for various university interviews and skiing (yay). Geoff is very happy with his amps and they are more run in than mine so we might transpose his from Loughborough. We'll see.

If you can send me anything covering the drivers you used of be really interested. They sounded superb.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#27 Re: Owston meet 2019 >1&2 June

Post by jack »

Another deepest Kent person here... Not been for a couple of years... Will try to have something meaningful ready....
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#28 Re: Owston meet 2019 >1&2 June

Post by Mike H »

izzy wizzy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:35 pm Any idea as to when things kick off Saturday? Thinking do I drive up Friday with potential horrendous traffic or leave early Saturday morning with potential for setup going a bit haywire? Driving from deepest Kent. This leads on to booking accommodation. Experienced comments welcome.

Cheers,
Stephen
We usually start asembling from 9 am onwards at the function room of The Owston (formerly, Owston Lodge, it's right on the A19 between Doncaster and M62.

The "Friday seminar" is Friday evening in The Owston, usually including a meal.

Those of us staying over at the Owston Hotel simply pop our cars round to The Owston car park Sat morning after breakfast; more local peeps call in from home and stay for the day.

HTH

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#29 Re: Owston meet 2019 >1&2 June

Post by Mike H »

jack wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:29 am Another deepest Kent person here... Not been for a couple of years... Will try to have something meaningful ready....
Would be fab to see you again. :thumbleft:

jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#30 Re: Owston meet 2019 >1&2 June

Post by jack »

Mike H wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:27 pm
jack wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:29 am Another deepest Kent person here... Not been for a couple of years... Will try to have something meaningful ready....
Would be fab to see you again. :thumbleft:
Ta. Just one more week out here before I return 👍
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt