Next Owston meet 30 june/1 July 2018

Subjects that don't have their own home
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#61 Re: Next Owston meet 30 june/1 July 2018

Post by Mike H »

Awl-righty then! :thumbleft:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
steve s
Shed dweller

#62 Re: Next Owston meet 30 june/1 July 2018

Post by steve s »

Updated...
Mike h sat & sun
Vinylspinner sat & sun
Ray p sun
Thermonic + sat
Meredith ''
Steve c sat & sun
John g sat
Simon sat & ?
Neal sat
Ed sat
Steve s sat only...
Dave sat ?
Simon c sat & sun
Lindsay t sat & sun
Nick sat & sun
Andrew I sat & sun
Phil sat & sun
Chris661 sun only
Colin sat
Andrew L sat

Thanks gents .. keep em coming !
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
steve s
Shed dweller

#63 Re: Next Owston meet 30 june/1 July 2018

Post by steve s »

mainscablesrus wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:03 pm I might try to find a few strays to bring along to keep the numbers up.

That's great Dave. I too have a few others waiting to confirm..
Your not bringing your best speakers then ?
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Nick
Site Admin

#64 Re: Next Owston meet 30 june/1 July 2018

Post by Nick »

steve s wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:42 pm
mainscablesrus wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:03 pm I might try to find a few strays to bring along to keep the numbers up.

That's great Dave. I too have a few others waiting to confirm..
Your not bringing your best speakers then ?
Better bloody not, I nearly put my shoulder out helping him move them down two steps.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#65 Re: Next Owston meet 30 june/1 July 2018

Post by mainscablesrus »

110 kg per speaker. They are staying put. 😎
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
RhythMick
Old Hand

#66 Re: Next Owston meet 30 june/1 July 2018

Post by RhythMick »

Added myself...

Mike h sat & sun
Vinylspinner sat & sun
Ray p sun
Thermonic + sat
Meredith ''
Steve c sat & sun
John g sat
Simon sat & ?
Neal sat
Ed sat
Steve s sat only...
Dave sat ?
Simon c sat & sun
Lindsay t sat & sun
Nick sat & sun
Andrew I sat & sun
Phil sat & sun
Chris661 sun only
Colin sat
Andrew L sat
Mick J sat and sun

Didn't realise it was 2 days. Can someone clue me in as to what normally happens, where people stay, is there a bar...

Also do we need to say what kit we're bringing? If everyone brings a full system that's a lot of kit. I mostly want to bring my new prototype ALL-DHT pp amps, happy to bring the Lowther dx4 I normally run them on (plus powered subs). The amps are (currently) balanced xlr input only, I'll definitely bring my balanced dac. I might bring SME deck and balanced phono stage if I can be arsed. I would REALLY like to hear my amps on non-lowther speakers if anyone is brave enough. Need to be efficient though 2 x 45 output tubes per channel.
steve s
Shed dweller

#67 Re: Next Owston meet 30 june/1 July 2018

Post by steve s »

Glad you have found the thread Mick
Its nice when people bring a full set up and if you can please do, there is a big room and we set up all the systems around the outside. It works quite well and its a good day too.
There is a few efficient speakers there usually but it pays to bring something you know to compare.. but your welcome to connect to mine

I don't stay over ( and I'm only there for the Saturday this year) so those in the know will give you the low down on the hotel ... good to have you coming
Thanks
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#68 Re: Next Owston meet 30 june/1 July 2018

Post by mainscablesrus »

steve s wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:32 pm Glad you have found the thread Mick
Its nice when people bring a full set up and if you can please do, there is a big room and we set up all the systems around the outside. It works quite well and its a good day too.
There is a few efficient speakers there usually but it pays to bring something you know to compare.. but your welcome to connect to mine

I don't stay over ( and I'm only there for the Saturday this year) so those in the know will give you the low down on the hotel ... good to have you coming
Thanks
You forgot the most important part fella THERE IS A BAR
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#69 Re: Next Owston meet 30 june/1 July 2018

Post by mainscablesrus »

Is Greg coming from Bristol?????????????
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#70 Re: Next Owston meet 30 june/1 July 2018

Post by Mike H »

RhythMick wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:24 pm
Didn't realise it was 2 days. Can someone clue me in as to what normally happens, where people stay, is there a bar...
It's in The Owston, formerly: The Owston Lodge, = pub + restaurant, the function room we use is attached. Is on the A19 just north of Doncaster.

Those staying over usually use the adjacent Owston Hall Hotel. Tip: accomodation in the Coach House is cheapest! Best check ASAP may be sold out. Other I know of (and we have used) is the Premier Inn in Pontefract.

HTH

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#71 Re: Next Owston meet 30 june/1 July 2018

Post by pre65 »

I've just booked my room. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#72 Re: Next Owston meet 30 june/1 July 2018

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I'm not coming. I'm sorry but the thing about family stuff is that its always there to bite you in the bum. From discussion with others all over the place it also seems that when the going gets tough there are family members who just aren't there and the odd family member who is.

So.... think 'Nurse Andrew' ( I've done this sort of thing before so it isn't so difficult) in its most menial and needed, mundane and patience sort of thing. But I'm the one who is there.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
RhythMick
Old Hand

#73 Re: Next Owston meet 30 june/1 July 2018

Post by RhythMick »

1) Family
2) Work
3) Hifi

I think ...
RhythMick
Old Hand

#74 Re: Next Owston meet 30 june/1 July 2018

Post by RhythMick »

All rooms are booked at the Owston Hall. Anything else means a drive, which means not drinking, which means I may as well go home I reckon. A few beers and a short walk would have been good, but it's not to be so no problem.

I live in Silkstone, which is between Penistone and Barnsley. I'm sure I can offer a room if anyone else has left it late to book. Hmm that might depend on how much kit I have in the car ... :D

Do others leave kit in the function room overnight then ? Or in cars.
steve s
Shed dweller

#75 Re: Next Owston meet 30 june/1 July 2018

Post by steve s »

Mick, gear left overnight is safe..