The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Subjects that don't have their own home
shane
Social outcast

#16 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by shane »

I never had a bike but I always loved the engineering behind them. Oval pistons? Transverse air cooled straight six? Square Four? Don’t get any of those in cars but you do get four wheels so it doesn’t fall over and kill you.

Any interest in an Audio-Talk motoring thread?
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#17 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Mike H »

These don't fall over either (usually) - mind you you can still cock up big time if you're not careful...

This is what I got now, Ural 750 CT.
Secret Project-019.jpg
^ Here I've just put the LED day running light on.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
shane
Social outcast

#18 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by shane »

Mike H wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:40 pm These don't fall over either (usually)
Try telling my Mum that. About six weeks before my brother arrived in the world (1947), the two halves of the combination she and Dad were riding decided to go their separate ways, dumping her upside down in a ditch. Dad then graduated to a BSA three-wheeler which was probably even more risky!
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#19 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Mike H »

Well that was particulrly unfortunate, and is of course why the coupling has to be 100% reliable.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#20 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Dave the bass »

Mike H wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:22 pm @ Dave, lot of piant rubbed off that Suzuki tank? :shock:
Yes, why it was like that, I dunno. I found another piccie of that Suzuki GT125 twin. Note newbie motorcyclist parking error too, downhill slope .....parked on a sidestand, yeah! Great parking DTB ya wally!

A very young me, pre-passing test riding on a field over at Brands Hatch and no doubt going "Whaheyweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" at the same time.
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#21 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Mike H »

Dave the bass wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:39 pm I found another piccie of that Suzuki GT125 twin. Note newbie motorcyclist parking error too, downhill slope .....parked on a sidestand, yeah! Great parking DTB ya wally!
I've done that. AND I then sat on it sort of side saddle like it was a bench seat, AND yes it rolled off the stand and fell over. So no it's not just you. :lol:

-

Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#22 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Mike H »

Appendix: of course now I'm wiser with years, I would leave it in gear. :D

Wouldn't sit on it tho. Only if on mainstand.

gninnam
Old Hand

#23 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by gninnam »

I can only find one picture from yesteryear and this was the first bike I bought new (cost around £4.8k) in 1991 - bought it to tour Europe on.

Very easy bike to ride, very comfy and nippy.

Remember being knocked off it when driving through Paris but fortunately I was stationary at a set of traffic lights when some idiot in a van decided that I was occupying the bit of road that he was using :(
gninnam
Old Hand

#24 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by gninnam »

A few bikes I test rode last year to get me back into biking (12 years since last owning a bike) and work out what I want next are as follows:

Suzuki GSXS 750:

Not bad, very nippy and nice to ride.

BMW R90T Sport:

That was fun and really enjoyed riding that, but the price :roll:

BMW S1000R

Now, this was fun with 165 bhp and quick shift.

A few others I rode were the Suzuki GSXR750 and 1000 - I thought the 750 was a great bike and on my shopping list.

Might try and squeeze a few more in this year also (Triumph, Yamaha and Kawasaki)!
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#25 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Mike H »

Which reminds me, by watching a couple of them Helicopter Heroes programmes, you can get a fractured pelvis in a frontal collision from them style of high petrol tanks. :shock:

Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#26 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Dave the bass »

Mike H wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:36 pm ....you can get a fractured pelvis in a frontal collision from them style of high petrol tanks. :shock:
You can get proper-'deaded' too! Thats even worse, I try to avoid collisions meself :)

After passing my test (1st time, bragging rights!!!Even included a proper emergency stop when a classic little ol' lady and shopping trolley decided to walk into the road!) on that Suzuki GT125 I decided it was time to buy a 'proper bike'.

I liked the zingy ness of 2 strokes. I purchased a brand spanking new...

Yamaha RD350LC YPVS F2.

Woooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Baggy Trousers
User

#27 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Baggy Trousers »

Dave the bass wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:08 pm Top work Team, keep 'em coming. I've got some piccies to scan.
As a contrast to all these plastic rockets, I thought I would present one of the residents of my modest stable. However, I am unable to fathom how the photo attachment system works. Perhaps a kind soul would instruct me. :?
Last of the late brakers.
steve s
Shed dweller

#28 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by steve s »

The photo attachment is easy the but I stuggle to find a way to get rid of the pixels sufficiently to attach.. I only use my phone for pics and browsing
I'm not using host for picture storage
Any help for me too?
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
shane
Social outcast

#29 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by shane »

What’s the maximum size for a picture as an attachment?
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#30 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Dave the bass »

Baggy, have you got an account at a photo hosting sharing website per chance?

If you set one up it’d be handy as once you’ve upload your piccies to it it’ll generate the Image code you need post pictures up here on the thread. I use IMGur, it’s free. Yey!