Subjects that don't have their own home
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#16 Re: Newbie

Post by Paul Barker »

600 cc’s to get 10 hp? Must be a displacement hull.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
shane
Social outcast

#17 Re: Newbie

Post by shane »

Plymouth Pilot 16’. Like this but 40 years old and a bit scruffy.

http://www.plymouthpilots.co.uk/pilot-16.html

It always amuses me that my daughter’s diesel Fiat Punto is exactly twice the capacity but produces nearly eight times the power output.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#18 Re: Newbie

Post by Paul Barker »

I had image in my head of a Lister cs.

If you need more power can I recommend a remap. Had my Audi done in Hull and it now goes like sh1t off a shovel.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
shane
Social outcast

#19 Re: Newbie

Post by shane »

Often thought about that but since Fiats aren’t renowned for reliability and it’s alteady got 140k miles under it, I’m not sure it would handle it for long. My Civic though, that could be interesting, the common remap takes it from 138bhp to just over 200.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#20 Re: Newbie

Post by pre65 »

shane wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:31 am Often thought about that but since Fiats aren’t renowned for reliability and it’s alteady got 140k miles under it, I’m not sure it would handle it for long. My Civic though, that could be interesting, the common remap takes it from 138bhp to just over 200.
Budget for a new clutch before long. :wink:

When I looked into doing my CRV they had a 300lbft torque ceiling to ensure prolonged clutch life.

My CRV is 147bhp as standard (and automatic), but a bit more torque would be handy, and probably more economy as well.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#21 Re: Newbie

Post by Ali Tait »

Going to get my Peugeot Coupe remapped, can take it to 250bhp with 580 torques with no other mods. Should shift a bit after that, not that it’s exactly slow at the moment. :D
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#22 Re: Newbie

Post by Dave the bass »

My mighty 500cc Enfield is allegedly a whopping 22 BHP at the crank. I don't use all them BHP's so a few falling off is OK with me.
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#23 Re: Newbie

Post by pre65 »

Ali Tait wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:26 pm Going to get my Peugeot Coupe remapped, can take it to 250bhp with 580 torques with no other mods. Should shift a bit after that, not that it’s exactly slow at the moment. :D

The 580 torques, is that Nm ?

Still quite mighty though.

What model is the coupe Ali ?

Edmund Burke

jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#24 Re: Newbie

Post by jack »

Just when I thought I'd done all the jobs, this morning my trusty Nexus 5X completely died.

Bought a Pixel 2 as a replacement...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Baggy Trousers
User

#25 Re: Newbie

Post by Baggy Trousers »

pre65 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:15 pm
Baggy Trousers wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:59 pm
Cheered up by Mrs Trousers who thought the orange tractors were Alice Chalmers! :roll:
Nice one. :lol:

Out of interest I put "orange tractor" into Google images and that came up with many different types, including Fordson and Kubota.

I'm familiar with Kubota because I was parts manager with a Massey Ferguson dealer who also sold Kubota tractors and excavators.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=orang ... 36#imgrc=_

It reminds me of the lady who thought it was cute to name fire engines as she had seen one called Dennis and another called Guy.
Tee hee!

From imperfect memory, I think there was another orange tractor, the Oliver. That may not have been a factory colour but the ones I have seen were
although they could well have been resprayed. Suspect they might not have been imported to the UK.

Philip, you may recall that I spent some years at sea on a yacht and as an auxiliary, had a 4.236. Peterborough uprated this for me to 90hp and it had done over 5500 hours without major attention when I sold the boat. A really excellent engine. So was the 6,354. Kubota also made good marine (marinated) engines. I don't know what happened to Perkins after they were taken over by Caterpillar.

Dave, you should be grateful for small mercies. 22hp from a single cylinder Oilfield is not too bad. My four cylinder 750 provides a whopping 18hp which seems rather paltry by comparison. It is nice, albeit a little self-indulgent, to have another bike having sufficient output to scare yourself half to death with when feeling adolescent. 8)
Last of the late brakers.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#26 Re: Newbie

Post by pre65 »

Never heard of Oliver tractors, but looking on the internet they seem to have been painted green in the main.

This picture is of an orange tractor with cab, looks more like a hot-rod. :lol:

Edmund Burke

Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#27 Re: Newbie

Post by Dave the bass »

Baggy Trousers wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:39 pm Dave, you should be grateful for small mercies. 22hp from a single cylinder Oilfield is not too bad. My four cylinder 750 provides a whopping 18hp which seems rather paltry by comparison. It is nice, albeit a little self-indulgent, to have another bike having sufficient output to scare yourself half to death with when feeling adolescent. 8)
Erks! The Bullet IS my powerful bike, the other is only 11.8 BHP :)
pre65 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:48 pm Image
^^^^Thats fallen off a little kids ride in a fun fair hasn't it?!
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Baggy Trousers
User

#28 Re: Newbie

Post by Baggy Trousers »

pre65 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:48 pm Never heard of Oliver tractors, but looking on the internet they seem to have been painted green in the main.

This picture is of an orange tractor with cab, looks more like a hot-rod. :lol:

I've looked up Oliver too and you're right - they are green. Can't imagine why so many were changed from orange! Strangely, Minneapolis Moline bought Oliver. The MM pictured is the fueller record holder at the Fruitville, Ohio drag strip with a terminal velocity of 23mph. Norra lotta people know that.

Quite a vivid memory from the early 'fifties when at an agricultural show, I sat on/in an Allis Chalmers HD20 which at the time was the largest/most powerful tractor in the world. Guess the colour . . . .
Last of the late brakers.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#29 Re: Newbie

Post by Ali Tait »

pre65 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:48 pm
Ali Tait wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:26 pm Going to get my Peugeot Coupe remapped, can take it to 250bhp with 580 torques with no other mods. Should shift a bit after that, not that it’s exactly slow at the moment. :D

The 580 torques, is that Nm ?

Still quite mighty though.

What model is the coupe Ali ?
Yes Nm Phil. It’s the 407 2.7 V6 diesel, same engine as used by Jaguar and Range Rover.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#30 Re: Newbie

Post by pre65 »

Those engines seem susceptible to the main bearing shells spinning round and cutting off the oil supply.

Seen loads of Discos and Jags (mainly) with that V6 engine on Ebay with knackered engines.

Edmund Burke