conspiracy theories

Subjects that don't have their own home
ed
retired

#1 conspiracy theories

Post by ed »

Major CT here

you recruits may not be aware but it seems the powers that be have managed to partition and pen in the adblocker bunch...

recent experience has led me to believe that all the new versions of web browsers(no names here) appear to be slugged when running one of the ad block plug-ins.

to wit, when I run the 2nd most popular browser with the any version of the adblocker family with this forum, the first thing I see is the html code followed shortly by the rendered web page. I am nerd enough to have tried this with many variations(names withheld) and found the same behaviour in many cases....When the adblocker plugins are removed or disabled the original behaviour is returned and no code is temporarily displayed.

of course this may well be because the adblocker code has become more comprehensive and consequently slows down the loading of pages to the extent where the rendering is delayed, many possibilities become possible....

seems the industry is maturing...

portions of this post may become redacted in the future, maintain vigilence!

as you were!

ps diet: It seems some web sites/forums are now detecting the presence of the adblockers and politely asking for you to disable them. At this time they utilise a pop-up which use has been expressly prohibited in the browser parameters...go figure!
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: conspiracy theories

Post by Mike H »

No problems here. (Firefox version 55.0.3 on Windows 10)

Using the add-on Adblock Plus. Disabled it for this site, no difference in performance. Image

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#3 Re: conspiracy theories

Post by jack »

Probably better to use Pi-Hole at home - no need for adblock+ (or whatever) as Pi-Hole will remove them from all devices on the LAN (if that's set to be your DNS).
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt