Wam home Hi fi show Harrogate

Subjects that don't have their own home
steve s
Shed dweller

#1 Wam home Hi fi show Harrogate

Post by steve s »

Nice to hear longdog audio will be at Harrogate
It's good that someone i know will be there Nick, as a weekend is a long time on your own
It's going to feel like I'm back at work as we had meetings 6/7 times a year at the old swan...
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: Wam home Hi fi show Harrogate

Post by IslandPink »

Details ... ?
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Nick
Site Admin

#3 Re: Wam home Hi fi show Harrogate

Post by Nick »

There are non really. David is going to go, so I thought I may as well go along as well. its not far away, and I will still have all the stuff on hand from the Indulgence show at the end of September in Hammersmith.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Nick
Site Admin

#4 Re: Wam home Hi fi show Harrogate

Post by Nick »

Actually, a bit more information, I am in the room next to Audio Note (whichever one that is)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#5 Re: Wam home Hi fi show Harrogate

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

From what I have heard it may end up being like Cressy Snr's much used picture.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#6 Re: Wam home Hi fi show Harrogate

Post by IslandPink »

Nick wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:10 pm There are non really.
So, no date and no venue ? :D
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#7 Re: Wam home Hi fi show Harrogate

Post by Ray P »

Sorry, I couldn't resist!
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8 Re: Wam home Hi fi show Harrogate

Post by IslandPink »

Thank you !
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#9 Re: Wam home Hi fi show Harrogate

Post by mainscablesrus »

IslandPink wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:27 pm
Have you never used google before fella? :D
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Nick
Site Admin

#10 Re: Wam home Hi fi show Harrogate

Post by Nick »

mainscablesrus wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:36 pm
Well, given that googling "has mark jeffs ever used google before" doesnt give you the answer to that question, its clear that your answer is not complete, and google is not the answer to everything.

Given it can be proved (as we just did) to not have a valid answer for everything, we can't therefore trust any of its answers.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#11 Re: Wam home Hi fi show Harrogate

Post by mainscablesrus »

Nick wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:50 pm
mainscablesrus wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:36 pm
Well, given that googling "has mark jeffs ever used google before" doesnt give you the answer to that question, its clear that your answer is not complete, and google is not the answer to everything.

Given it can be proved (as we just did) to not have a valid answer for everything, we can't therefore trust any of its answers.
LOL what a funny reply. Googling "Harrogate hifi show" gives me all the info I need

Guess some do have access to audio talk but maybe CBA typing in "harrogate hifi show"?
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#12 Re: Wam home Hi fi show Harrogate

Post by IslandPink »

mainscablesrus wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:36 pm Have you never used google before fella? :D
Yes, obviously, but Steve just put the work onto everyone else who read the thread, by supplying no information on the original posting. So a few dozen ( or more, hopefully ! ) people all had to go elsewhere and look up the key words to find out something. If he had supplied the information on the top line then it would have saved everbody else a little bit of time.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#13 Re: Wam home Hi fi show Harrogate

Post by mainscablesrus »

THE HOME HIFI SHOW - HARROGATE 21-22 OCTOBER at THE OLD SWAN HOTEL

I'd like everyone to understand that this is a new type of show which has never been done before, it is a hybrid between a trade show and an enthusiasts show. I am focusing on what I think visitors really want from a hifi show which is direct access to hifi products, whether high-end, mid-range or pre owned and also the knowledge and a better understanding of hifi through our members exhibiting their own systems from home, allowing visitors to bring and play their own genre of music. A show which allows the visitor to know everything there is about home hifi and how to go about engaging with brands, products and the people already passionate about it.

The HOMEHIFI Show encompasses everything to do with home systems and sound around the home. The event will take place in one of the most prestigious hotels in Harrogate THE OLD SWAN. It will be a two day show with set up on the Friday, the hotel is central to Harrogate with restaurants and bars only a few minutes walk. It is a conference town so every weekend is full of life and a great place to bring partners and wives for a weekend away.

Normal prices at the hotel are £140-£165 for a double room inc breakfast per night.

So, for our members, a 2 night exclusive exhibition sleep & show room with breakfast will be £150 in total, we will subsidise the extra night through trade rooms and other sponsorship from advertising to keep the cost at a minimum for you.

There is a car park at the rear of the hotel for approx 70 cars, good access and two lifts.

The date is the same weekend as Windsor Show but that is a completely High-End Trade Show, it is un-intentional and the only weekend that any Hotel in Harrogate was available and not to mention different ends of the country.

We already have most of the trade rooms booked on the ground floor and also some marquees outside. This will be a show for everyone, from DIYers to High-End, forum members to pre-owned equipment and a wide cross section of accessories, vinyl and headphones. The target for visitors will be 2000 over the weekend.
steve s
Shed dweller

#14 Re: Wam home Hi fi show Harrogate

Post by steve s »

Ahhh... so it's my fault for not giving enough info....
But my post was about that it was nice to see Nick was exhibiting.. I was not advertising the show...
I have one of the members systems rooms and for me it was nice that someone else I knew would be there

IslandPink wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:02 pm
mainscablesrus wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:36 pm Have you never used google before fella? :D
Yes, obviously, but Steve just put the work onto everyone else who read the thread, by supplying no information on the original posting. So a few dozen ( or more, hopefully ! ) people all had to go elsewhere and look up the key words to find out something. If he had supplied the information on the top line then it would have saved everbody else a little bit of time.
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#15 Re: Wam home Hi fi show Harrogate

Post by IslandPink »

I was being a bit grouchy I'll admit .