Bugger

Subjects that don't have their own home
Nick
Site Admin

#1 Bugger

Post by Nick »

Just killed my AVR Dragon by plugging it into the wrong socket :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: Bugger

Post by pre65 »

Nick wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:52 pm Just killed my AVR Dragon by plugging it into the wrong socket :-)
Oh dear. :(

Any public info on your new project yet ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Tony Moore
Old Hand

#3 Re: Bugger

Post by Tony Moore »

Ouch. :cry:
Nick
Site Admin

#4 Re: Bugger

Post by Nick »

pre65 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:30 pm
Nick wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:52 pm Just killed my AVR Dragon by plugging it into the wrong socket :-)

Which one, several things on the go, couple of versions of the mosfet circuit and a turntable controller system I have been working on for over a year that Dave posted some pic's of the metalwork, And I must get back to that FPGA board, but that involves installing a new copy of eagle which all I have done towards so far is install Ubuntu on a 64bit box with that in mind.

Just about everything I make larger than a power supply tends to have a AVR processor in, so the dragon got used for all of them.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#5 Re: Bugger

Post by mainscablesrus »

pre65 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:30 pm

Co developing a new turntable that sounds so far "astonishingly good"

New balanced mains transformer nearly ready

New 5 amp linear power supply starting development soon ( we need to get it into a smaller case somehow)

I know about 2 others but that's Nick's business not things he is doing for/with me.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#6 Re: Bugger

Post by IslandPink »

I had no idea what an AVR Dragon was until this evening, but now I know that it could be quite useful for someone like Nick.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Nick
Site Admin

#7 Re: Bugger

Post by Nick »

There you go, thats you and Dave learning something :-)

Its doubly annoying as not only do I have to buy another one, I dont get to try out the updated software yet.
ed
retired

#8 Re: Bugger

Post by ed »

you can borrow mine but I'm in France at the mo.......not sure if they're still available...very careless to fry it....there are very cheap SPI programmers on ebay as a stop-gap, but I'm sure you know that..

if you still want it in a couple of weeks let me know and I'll put it in the post...sorry I can't be more help.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Nick
Site Admin

#9 Re: Bugger

Post by Nick »

Thanks Ed, I have a replacement on order from Farnel. I do have a couple of the ZeptoProg interfaces as a fallbacks.