Phono bake-off

Subjects that don't have their own home
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#1006 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by mainscablesrus »

WOW

I had no idea how much debate the phono stage bake off had stirred elsewhere.

Its almost as if those who did not get invited are bitter and twisted about it. :D
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
isaac piper
User

#1007 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by isaac piper »

Well its a pity Mr Arkless didnt turn up with his self proclaimed
Killer pre-amp.
The outcome could have been so different.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#1008 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by mainscablesrus »

isaac piper wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:35 am Well its a pity Mr Arkless didnt turn up with his self proclaimed
Killer pre-amp.
The outcome could have been so different.
There are 1000's of people in hifi who have a shed, a toolbox and a dream.

The 640P no matter what you do to it can never be that special.

Luckily for me I own and use the MF Ref. Phono every day so all others will sound crap/poor/mediocre compared to that.

Exceptions do occur like the NVA phono stages which surprised me a lot.

If it was that good (the 640p) surely the person modding it would be all too keen to have it heard by a wider audience?
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
antonio66
User

#1009 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by antonio66 »

I agree with you Dave, anyone making/modding an audio item would surely be happy to have it heard by as many potential customers as possible. Since the Arkless was soundly beaten by the NVA, it now comes to light on AoS he is going to improve it :?: If this is the case it's gotta be good for all audiophiles.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#1010 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Look at car comparisons in the Car Mags, those that lose always say they have come up with improvements to try and nullify the result - normal marketing bullshit, Fireybum has said it as well. His mod has made a massive difference :lol: :lol: (he says) then why didn't he do it before.

If NVA ever lose, bound to happen at some point, you wont get this bullshit. Though it will be an incentive to make it better if I can, but there really is no point in bullshit, most people are not that daft to fall for it. Some Dunn and NVA haters will of course :bounce: but that is to be expected.
Unhappy Childhood
User

#1011 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Unhappy Childhood »

dr bunsen, could you please answer the question i asked earlier? it's clear to me that your daddy didn't give you enough cuddles when you were young. it was the same for me, so perhaps i can help you deal with the trauma?

Rob.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#1012 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I have no trauma, I am very happy defending myself, I enjoy it !! You though are just another arse (or the same one) so you are on block from now so don't expect any answers.
Unhappy Childhood
User

#1013 Re: Phono bake-off

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:38 am I have no trauma...
you're kidding yourself on, as your disturbed behaviour clearly indicates differently, but i understand all too well how hard it is confronting these things and the pain it's caused you, being so unloved by your father (hence your desire to hide), so i shall leave you alone.

Rob.
Unhappy Childhood
User

#1014 Re: Phono bake-off

Btw, before I go, how much was your wife?

Rob.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1015 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by pre65 »

Unhappy Childhood wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:29 pm Btw, before I go, how much was your wife?

Rob.
That is a terrible thing to ask. It's so sad when people resort to such low depths.

Can that post be removed Nick ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

#1016 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Nick »

Another one bites the dust.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Nick
Site Admin

#1017 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Nick »

pre65 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:41 pm
Unhappy Childhood wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:29 pm Btw, before I go, how much was your wife?

Rob.
That is a terrible thing to ask. It's so sad when people resort to such low depths.

Can that post be removed Nick ?
It could be, but I would think Richard and his Wife would prefer others to see what sort of pond life comes out of the woodwork.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Clive
Old Hand

#1018 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Clive »

Being banned from a particular forum is a start....there are some people who should be banned from using the internet. I feel for you Nick, this is all so unnecessary and odious.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#1019 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by mainscablesrus »

A good friend of mine used that phrase I think it sums up disturbed people really well

Pond Life
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1020 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Cressy Snr »

Clive wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:52 pm Being banned from a particular forum is a start....there are some people who should be banned from using the internet. I feel for you Nick, this is all so unnecessary and odious.
Dealing with bullying is rarely pleasant; more often than not, it is highly unpleasant. However dealing with it it is very necessary. Perhaps a stop on new members for a while?
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.