Phono bake-off

Subjects that don't have their own home
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#541 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

A bit like bribery. We are supposed to be enthusiasts, to compare product should be a pleasure.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#542 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by mainscablesrus »

LOL this is so funny.

Shilling is shite, most of the time its enthusiastic people who want to prattle on about something they bought and like, often the seller has no idea the purchaser has posted a review or a recommendation unless the seller sees it after going searching for it. I certainly don't have time to do that.

If a sellers stuff is that good (NVA phono stage as an example) people will buy it and recommend it to others, if that is seen as shilling then whatever, who really cares anyway?

I don't want or need an NVA phono stage but I would like to hear one, as well as the Arkless offering.

The next bake off will be the first week in August, why don't we all act like sensible human beings and stop whinging/arguing/being twats with each other and just f..ing get on with each other like we should as sensible human beings. FFS life's too short for fall outs.

As an aside Nick is in his den working on a rather special project, its analogue related and I will leave it up to Nick to reveal what it is but it is special, possibly even better than his phono stage which means it must be STUPENDOUS!

Richard you are welcome at my place anytime with your offerings.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Nick
Site Admin

#543 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Nick »

As an aside Nick is in his den working on a rather special project, its analogue related and I will leave it up to Nick to reveal what it is but it is special, possibly even better than his phono stage which means it must be STUPENDOUS!
Its top secret.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#544 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by pre65 »

Nick wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:39 pm
Its top secret.
We wait agog.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#545 Re: Phono bake-off

If you want to see a classic spammer using his shill it is in action at the moment on AoS. Firebottle and Bigman80, they work as a team, as you used to with that bloke down in Cornwall or Devon with the SLIC. Anyway that is history hopefully you learned from it.

A shill has a motivation, a dog in the race, it is completely obvious when the scam is being run. Some customers get so enthusiastic they drop over the border unmeaningly. A good customer says I like it and why and says you may like it so try it but make your own decision. A shill prods and promotes the name and product at any opportunity. I comment because I find it so irritating, yes I have enthusiastic customers, but no shills. The only one who could be accused of it is DSJR as he does some assembly work for me, but he realises and just tries to be factual.

As I say if you wish to observe it in action watch Firey and Bigman at AoS. It is the most obvious scam running at the moment.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#546 Re: Phono bake-off

mainscablesrus wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:23 pm Richard you are welcome at my place anytime with your offerings.
Do I have to stare at your promotion all day long :|
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#547 Re: Phono bake-off

Why do members here (Stratmangler) have to go to AoS to tell lies about this review.

So once again to counter the lies, here is the truth.

1/ I was moaning about lack of comparison (bake-off) able to be made with Arkless and Firebottle.
2/ An HFS member Antonio66 said he had a Arkless and would put it forward in a Bake-Off.
3/ It was organised for the last one at MCRU place
4/ Didn't happen for us as I had lung infection and there seemed to be very few going. That changed once I pulled out.
5/ Antonio wanted to do it anyway, so I took it around to him, had a listen and left it with him.
6/ He wrote a review in the HFS review section and as it was supposed to happen at the MCRU bake-off this thread is about he asked me to post it here.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS LIES.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#548 Re: Phono bake-off

BTW is the date confirmed as Sunday 6th.
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#549 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by The Stratmangler »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:27 am Why do members here (Stratmangler) have to go to AoS to tell lies about this review.
What's up, Sweetcheeks?
Chris :happy3:
ed
retired

#550 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by ed »

The Stratmangler wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:49 am What's up, Sweetcheeks?
imo self promotion is what's up here

I can't be bothered to count but I wonder how many posts in this thread are actually to do with the title, and then how many are genuine off-topic and humourous and then how many are what I've described above.....

and then there is continuation and repetition of what has been posted on other sites.....

how about another thread, strictly about a forthcoming phono comparison?

It's truly difficult to keep a straight face.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#551 Re: Phono bake-off

More lies Ed, there is more fabrication going on here than at Furniture World. Look at my post above describing how it happened, counter any of it because you can't, it is the reality of what happened.

It was not posted here for promotion, if you want give me all your ebay names and I will ban you all from buying NVA - please!, do you seriously think I want lying arses like you for customers, I really don't need that sort of business. It was posted here BECAUSE I WAS ASKED TO DO IT.

I will even commit myself to cancelling any sale from a Audio Talk member if it proves my point. Reality is not a strong point is it Ed, I am here because of Doc Mods, other things came in to pollute that, the start was from those who carried it over from other forums like Noddy Greg and Stratmangler and now arses like you have decided for some reason to let go of reality and join in.

I didn't instigate the bake-of it all came out of the Owston thread and MCRU offer. You lot are now just getting as bad as AoS for twisting reality to suit your agenda, it is not my fault the NVA pissed on the Arkless, much that you would have crowed to the heavens if it was the other way around.
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#552 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by The Stratmangler »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:04 pm More lies Ed, there is more fabrication going on here than at Furniture World. Look at my post above describing how it happened, counter any of it because you can't, it is the reality of what happened.

It was not posted here for promotion, if you want give me all your ebay names and I will ban you all from buying NVA - please!, do you seriously think I want lying arses like you for customers, I really don't need that sort of business. It was posted here BECAUSE I WAS ASKED TO DO IT.

I will even commit myself to cancelling any sale from a Audio Talk member if it proves my point. Reality is not a strong point is it Ed, I am here because of Doc Mods, other things came in to pollute that, the start was from those who carried it over from other forums like Noddy Greg and Stratmangler and now arses like you have decided for some reason to let go of reality and join in.

I didn't instigate the bake-of it all came out of the Owston thread and MCRU offer. You lot are now just getting as bad as AoS for twisting reality to suit your agenda, it is not my fault the NVA pissed on the Arkless, much that you would have crowed to the heavens if it was the other way around.
I'm in agreement with Ed.
It's truly difficult to keep a straight face.
Chris :happy3:
ed
retired

#553 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by ed »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:04 pm do you seriously think I want lying arses like you for customers
excuse me!
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Nick
Site Admin

#554 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Nick »

Well, I don't think you are being either fair or correct accusing Ed of lying Richard, you are just pissing off people who are on your side or neutral, and giving ammunition to your nay sayers.
It was posted here BECAUSE I WAS ASKED TO DO IT.
Ok, but its not that much trouble to become a member here, I would have thought it was only polite if someone wanted to post a review here, they would have just considered joining and posting them self. Again, you have not helped yourself here Richard, and just given further ammunition (and reduced the worth of the review).
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
steve s
Shed dweller

#555 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by steve s »

ed wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:29 pm
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:04 pm do you seriously think I want lying arses like you for customers
excuse me!

thats a rather personal and insulting viewpoint and a long way from the truth (after knowing Ed for the last 10 years or so)

I thought these ( 2 in row) Phono bake offs were inspired by the doc... and just after he's built one with a big power supply...

And the doc thinks we can't see through it ?
.... it's a good job there's a good sense of humour on this forum
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number